Chapter 2: Taken?

Alice POV***

"You have to be joking" Katherine exclaims

"Just put them on" I simply reply

"But what's wrong with the dress I'm wearing?" she questions while looking down at her current attire.

"Its experience wear, everything about that dress states money. We are two lone women on the road. To stay safe we need to blend in and look like the ordinary women of Paris" I explain while hiding my dress under some hay.

"But it smells" she says in disgust. I look at her and giggle. We grew up together. So she's more like a sister than a maid.

"Some days, I do wonder who is the Princess in this pair. Just put the dress on. We don't have much time" I order.

Looking down I review my outfit. A pair of old breeches and a loose fitted dirty shirt. I loved not wearing dresses, my movement wasn't restricted. I looked up to see Katherine finally dressed in the old ripped dress I found.

"Are you happy?" she states while glaring at me

"I will be in a minute" I walk over and mess up her hair. She glares at me. so I reach down and grab a little mud.

"What's that for?" she asks looking at me questioningly. I don't reply. Just simply rub the mud over her arms and face. She grunts and pulls away from me.

"Now I'm happy, come on time to get back on the road" I say while pulling her put the barn we used to change in.

Porthos POV***

Looking round the compound and every man is dead. All looks to be stabbed.

"Found a carriage round the back with suitcases in filled with dresses and books. This is definitely where the Princess was being held" D'Artagnan states

"so who killed them all, Bandits maybe?" I asked. While walking into the cell that the Princess was probably being kept in.

"But more importantly, where is the Princess now and who has taken her?" Athos states.

Alice POV***

"Do you think the King has sent out guards to find us, shouldn't we have waited at the compound?" Alice moans due to her legs hurting from the walking

"We couldn't have stayed there, what if more men had turned up and see I killed their friends. Keep moving is the safest option" I confirm my plan. Just then I hear a whisper in the distance. I grab Katherine and pull her behind the closest bush.

"What.." she begins. I immediately shove my hand over her mouth. I watch as a group of about 20 bandits appear in the clearing of the woods.

"Let's set up camp here, tie the women to the tree" one of them orders. Then I see 2 women appear, all with the same look of fright on their faces. I watched as they are roughly pushed to the floor and tied to the tree.

"Don't you worry, we are going to have some fun later" one of the men says while stroking one of the females faces. The woman lets out a whimper and tries to pull away. The man obviously not linking this response, strikes her cheek with this hand. She cried and looks to the floor.

"Listen here girl, you are mine now. we will make good use of you then sell you on to the highest bidder" he states while grabbing hold of her hair and pulling it so she would look at him. He kisses her and then walks of laughing.

"What are we going to do?" Katherine asks

"We will wait till it's dark and then move" I explain.

"We are going to leave them women with these people?" she exclaims

"Of Course not, we will wait till it's dark and then save them" I state.