Chapter 4: Wrong Way

Alice POV***

I can't believe I have got three musketeers helping. Usually, I would have said no. but this is Katherine's life at risk. I explain my plan and we all get into our positions. I would be entering camp first, as a way of distracting the men.

"Good luck" one of the musketeers says to me. I don't respond. Just a nod of thanks.

I walk into camp with the blood stained knife in my hand

"You should have killed me when you had the chance" I shout, watching all the men turn to face me. 

Then their eyes catch the knife in my hand, they all grab a weapon in a flash. With all eyes on me they didn't see the musketeers coming up behind them. The battle was on. I was grabbed and thrown to the floor by a man, but he wasn't quick enough so I was able to grab a close by gun and shoot him first. I shoved him off me and ran over to the women who looked petrified. 

"Thank god you're ok" Katherine says

"Of course I am, did you really ever doubt me" I say while cutting the women's ropes.

"Where did you find the musketeers?" Katherine says while nodding towards the three fighting men behind me

"Actually they found me, listen when this is over I will do the talking. Don't say a word" I tell her. she nods to show understanding. All the ropes are cut and the women are free. I turn around to see the fight has ended. Seeing all of the disgusting bodies of the men that took us now dead on the floor.

"Thank you for freeing us" one of the women says to the musketeers

"Oh honestly, it's not us you need to be thanking" a musketeer states while smirking at me. 

"Thank you, it's time we headed back home before it gets dark" the older women grabs the other women's hand and they run into the woods. So much for appreciation.

"We better be going to" I say looking towards Katherine.

"Where are you heading to, maybe we could accompany you on some of the journey?" one of the men states

"Paris, my family lives there" I state bluntly

"We are heading back to Paris as well, please come with us" the slightly younger man states

"No honestly its fine we will walk, it's not far now" I say grabbing Katherine's hand and walking towards the forest.

"You're going in the wrong direction. We have horses you will be there is half the time" one of them states back. I could see Katherine wanting me to accept, as she hates walking.

"Ok fine" I say

Porthos POV***

Riding my horse with the brunettes arms wrapped around my waist on the way back to Paris. I look to my left to see the other woman sat behind Aramis. I wonder how the King is going to react. Will he have our heads?. But we literally had nothing else to go on. The princess had completely disappeared. However, we are not coming back with no success. She is something special, I just can't figure it out yet. Something is not right.