Chapter 7

Callie's POV

It's been one week since I found out Billie was famous, and almost nothing has changed. Sure, I think it's really cool that Billie has an international following and is living her dream, but it also doesn't change anything about our dynamic as friends, and definitely doesn't make a difference to how I view her as a person.

She's still the same person I've been hanging out with for the past month an a half. Same sense of humor, same interests, same goofiness, same late night conversations, and same brain that I just love to pick.

She was cool before I knew and she's cool now, simple as that.

The one thing that has changed though is that now we can hang out in more places than before. I never really noticed, but we mostly only ever hang out in someone's house or at my work. I now know that it's because Billie was worried about getting recognized while we were hanging out, but now that I know, she doesn't care.

A few things started making more sense once she told me the truth, like how she never really seemed to want to meet my friends other than Audrey, and she'd turn down invitations to parties on my campus. She never wanted to come to my dorm, and even though I get that my dorm is pretty lame compared to her house, it was still kind of weird. She'd pick me up and drop me off, but never wanted to hang out or even come inside.

We managed to meet up for coffee one day despite my crazy week, and it turns out Billie's concern had been valid - she was recognized twice that day.

I thought it was adorable the way she interacted with her fans, she clearly genuinely loves and appreciates them. The fans she ran into were super sweet, and we ended up chatting to both of them for a few minutes each.

We're hanging out again tonight, and she's coming to my dorm for the first time. I invited her to a party on campus, which took a little bit of convincing to get her to agree to come to. I said we could pregame in my dorm and get there late, so by the time we showed up everyone who could possibly recognize her would be too smashed to even blink twice in her direction.

I invited Liam while Audrey invited Matt, so there will be a decent sized group of us hanging out in my dorm tonight.

Billie was nervous about my roommate being around while she's pregaming but I assured her that she's chill and made sure to give her a long lecture on respecting the fact that Billie is a person, and using her for clout on her snapchat story or whatever would be lame.

I check the time then save the essay I'm working on before closing my laptop and getting up to look through my closet for something to wear.

I always get hot at house parties so I opt for some ripped up, light-wash denim shorts and an oversized black T-Shirt that mostly covers them, kind of making it look like I'm not wearing pants from some angles.

I figure it's as comfortable and low effort as I can get while still looking pretty hot, if I may say so myself.

I take my makeup bag to the bathroom and apply a little bit in the mirror, deciding to leave my hair down in it's usual long, brown waves.

When I get back to my dorm I see a text from Billie, letting me know that she's on her way with Liam. I smile in excitement and look around my room again, making sure it's clean enough for guests.

I touch a few things up until I'm as satisfied as I can get them sit down on my bed, leaning back against the wall and scrolling through my phone until Liam and Billie text to say they've arrived.