Chapter 27

Sorry this took a while to update, 5000 words as an apology?

Callie's POV

The first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was a familiar head of dyed hair on the pillow beside me, and let me tell you, I've never been happier to wake up.

I still can't believe I went two and a half months without this. Just thinking about my time without Billie makes my heart ache.

I don't want to have to go back home without her.

She's still asleep with her arm draped over my body and her legs tangled with mine, so I've been staying as still as possible so I don't wake her up.

Eventually I can't resist anymore, and I reach over to gently run my fingers through her hair until she slowly starts to stir.

"Mmmm," she groans into the pillow and I chuckle at how adorable she is. She turns her head and opens one eye to look at me, smiling tiredly as she does. "Good morning, gorgeous."

Her morning voice is somehow both the sexiest thing and the cutest thing in the world.

I smile wider. "Morning." I lean over to place a soft kiss on her lips and she smiles into it.

"I fucking missed this," she mumbles and looks into my eyes when I pull my lips away. "I hate waking up without you."

"I hate it too." I look into her eyes for a few seconds before sitting up and stretching my arms up. "I'm starving."

"Go get food then," she mumbles and buries her head back into the pillow, making me snort and roll my eyes in amusement. "I'm kidding, I'll come with you. Just gimme a sec, I'm fucking sore for some reason."

I look down at her and pout, shifting around to straddle her while she continues to lay on her stomach.

"What're you doing?" she asks and I don't reply, gathering her hair up in my hand and moving it over to once side to get it out of the way before I move my hands up her back and start massaging her shoulders, making her instantly moan. "That feels so good."

I hum in response and keep rubbing her shoulders firmly, frowning when I feel all the stress knots that have been building up for God knows how long.

"Baby, you're so tense," I say with a frown and dig my fingers in a little deeper so I can work on smoothing the knots out.

"Last few months have been really stressful," she mumbles then groans when I work on a specific spot. "Your hands are, like, magical."

I smile and lean down to kiss the back of her neck gently. I feel her shiver slightly and I move my lips to her ear before whispering, "I love you."

"I love you too," she replies and I can hear the smile in her voice. "A fucking lot, bro."

"Stop calling me bro," I say with a laugh and roll my eyes to myself because we always playfully argue about this.

"Why?"

"It's just not something you call someone you have sex with!"

She laughs and shifts around until she's laying on her back with me still straddling her. She rests her hands on my hips and looks up at me with an amused smile, "I mean bro in a romantic way."

I roll my eyes again and she rubs my hips slowly, her hands pushing my shirt up slightly.

Well, her shirt. I can't remember the last time I actually slept in my own clothes since meeting Billie. Even before we started dating we were wearing each other's clothes.