Chapter 25

Credit to JP Saxe for the song used in this chapter. Super super talented guy who's amazing live, I really can't recommend his music enough. Definitely listen to this song (but not until it starts in the book)!!!

2 updates in one day suck my peen

Callie's POV

Airports suck.

This is my first time actually being in one because I myself am flying somewhere. I've been in airport lobbies before to drop people off or pick them up, but I've never gone past a security checkpoint in my life.

I've learned that I haven't been missing anything except a whole lot of stress and grumpy security guards.

Originally, I was supposed to be going through this whole airport process with Billie, Fin and Maggie, but the tour ended up getting extended, so they're flying straight from a show in Paris to Stockholm, and I'm meeting them there.

They're picking me up from the airport because they're getting to Stockholm a day before me, and that's the part of this whole thing I'm most anxious about, the risk of a plane crash be damned.

How the fuck am I supposed to act around Billie. Obviously we can't have the reunion I mapped out in my head. Do we hug? Shake hands? Ignore each other?

What if I cry like an idiot?

I have no idea where we stand right now, because she's been true to her word and given me the space I've needed so desperately.

Luckily, I land just a few hours before Billie is supposed to do her set at Lollapalooza, which means we most likely won't have any alone time together for at least the first half of the day, which I consider a good thing.

I honestly have no idea what I'd do if I found myself alone with Billie, and I'm anxious to find out at some point.

I was supposed to arrive the same day as them, which would be the day before the festival starts, but the firm I intern for now ended up being much more strict about time off than I was expecting, so I had to shave a day off from the beginning of the trip.

Luckily, the festival was willing to pay a bit extra to switch my flight to one that's a day later.

When I finally find my gate I sit down with a tired sigh and take out my phone, texting Billie for the first time in weeks to let her know that I made it to my gate with plenty of time.

I see little bubbles pop up instantly to signal that she's already typing back. I stare at them as they bounce around for a while, meaning it's a long message.

After a while they disappear and there isn't anything for a bit before a very simple text comes through.

Billie: safe travels x

I wonder what she was going to type first.

______________

11 hours later, my plane touches down in Stockholm, Sweden as I stare out of the little round window in absolute awe.

Flying was way less scary than I imagined, although there was one patch of bad turbulence in the middle, and all I wanted was Billie's hand to clutch.

I stared out of the window and listened to music for most of the time, my mind racing too much for me to even bother attempting to sleep.

I'll be honest, for much of the flight I was listening to the playlist of covers Billie made for me. I'm a sap.

I think I enjoyed my flying experience much more than most people would, mainly because the festival paid to put my in business class. I'm sure I wouldn't be so giddy if I was stuck between two people in coach.