Chapter 24. Babysitting

Andy's POV

"Nikki?" I ask again when she doesn't answer me.

"Hi Andy." She whispers in a strained voice.

I embrace her tightly she embraces me back weakly. "Is it really you?" I ask in her ear.

"Mhm." She mumbles nodding.

"Let's get the hell out of here." Billy says panicky I look up in time to see Marcus and a couple others come out of the house. I flip the seat forward and Nikki climbs into the backseat. 

We manage to pull out of the driveway before they can reach us. "Where are we going?" Billy asks.

"My place." I tell him as we pull onto the highway. It's silent the rest of the way back to my house.

When we pull into the driveway Billy yawns I shut the car off and get out, helping Nikki out to. She looks up at me worriedly. "I'm sorry, I should of told you I didn't think..." She trails off shaking her head.

I grab her face between my hands. "It's okay Nikki." I tell her and the press my lips to hers. "I'm sorry to baby I never should of told you to leave, I love you." I tell her.

"I love you too." She says. I take her hand in mine, we walk up the front porch into the house. When we get inside and take our jackets off. "What the hell am I wearing?" She asks in disbelief. 

I chuckle. "Chapin's new wardrobe." She's wearing tight black booty short's and a sparkly black bra. 

We head upstairs quietly Billy goes into the living room laying on the couch. She crawls into bed with me and lays down on my chest, I wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you." She says softly burying her head into the crook of my neck.

"I love you too." I tell her kissing her head softly.

**************

Nicole's POV

When I wake up in the morning Andy isn't in bed I climb out of bed and walk out of the bedroom I hear Gracie Cooing I peak into her bedroom and she's standing in her bed. 

Gracie see's me and stops Cooing, her eyes meet mine and she full on grins from ear to ear. She stretches her little arms out toward's me. I smile at her and walk into the room she's wiggling her fingers impatiently.

I pick her up out of the crib and hold her for a moment. "Hi Gracie." I say softly running my fingers through her hair which is identical to her dad's.

She wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head on my shoulder then pats me on my neck as if to hug me.

I chuckle. "You're adorable." 

I turn around and carry her down the hallway. As soon as I get into the kitchen Andy is there talking to his mom. Andy's mom Lisa looks up at me and smiles. "Good morning." Lisa says.

Andy spins around and looks at me when he see's me holding Gracie he raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"Um when I woke up I heard her cooing in her crib and I think she was ready for breakfast." I say quietly.

Andy stands up and takes her from me, Gracie smiles at him and points at me. He walks away with her setting her down in her high chair Lisa comes over putting some scrambled eggs onto her highchair tray.

"Andy I have to get to this job interview this is important to me it could be so much better for us." She says sternly. 

"Yeah mom it's fine." Andy says and shrugs.

"Nice seeing you again Nikki." She says smiling at me as she walks out the door.

"Nice to see you too." I smile at her and she leaves the kitchen.

I look at Andy in confusion. "Something wrong?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head.

I walk over to the coffee pot grabbing a cup out of the cupboard. "I can help." I offer as I pour my coffee knowing that he totally just lied to me. 

He laughs. "You're observant."

I turn to face him smirking and arching an eyebrow. "I wouldn't have to be if you were straight with me." I point out.

He sighs his elbows on the counter and running his hands through his hair. "All the kids are here I really got shit to do today but so does mom. It's not a big deal though she can go do what she's got to deal and I'll just deal with my shit later." He says.

"Or I could babysit." I offer.

He shakes his head. "No that isn't your responsibility." He says sternly, most people wouldn't argue Andy when he uses that voice but it's me and of course I'm going to.

"Why are you still here?" I ask sarcastically tilting my head, he rolls his eyes. "Andy I can handle kids."

"Seven of them?" He asks. "That are totally untamed, wild, reckless, and dangerous? Yeah right." 

"You're being ridiculous." I tell him.

"I don't know how long mom would be gone or myself I'm not putting that on you." He says.

"I'm volunteering and I do not care how long you are gone, it isn't like I have anything better to do. Billy will be here too." I tell him. "Or is this about me being crazy?" I ask curiously taking a sip of my coffee.

He laughs as he gets off the bar stool walking toward's me wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his forehead against mine. "Believe me baby, I'm far more worried about what they'd do to you then what you'd do to them." He smirks.

"If that is true then you should know that if I can take on a crazy gang trying to kill me I can totally handle seven kids." I tell him.

"Fine ya know what, suit yourself just don't say I didn't warn you." He smiles widely. I reach up on my toes pecking him on the lips.

He turns away grabbing his keys. "I'll see you when I get back, don't burn my house down." He chuckles as he twirls his keys smirking at me.

I stick my tongue out and flip him off, he throws his head back laughing as he walks out the kitchen door just as Billy walks in. "What's going on?" Billy asks.

"We are babysitting." I smile.

His face falls. "Seven?" He asks in a strained voice.

I purse my lips and give him an encouraging nod, he looks as though he is going to faint.

"Nuts." Billy says snapping his fingers.

I throw my head back laughing at his reaction.