|19|

"I NEED A BOOK"

"I NEED A BOOK"

|19|

LILIAN WAS SEATED ON HER BED, LAYING DOWN ON HER STOMACH AS SHE FLIPPED THROUGH THE PAGES OF HER BOOK. Most of the disappearances of the 1850's were boring, for they lacked information and photos, making it considerably harder for Lilian to imagine any case in her head.

Her entire body, however, stiffened as she found the file of a curious disappearance: Major Jasper Whitlock. It was peculiar how that one first name drew her attention in, challenging her to find out more about this Major.

Lilian looked over the file and read that there were pictures on the next page. Before even reading the information that was placed in the file, Lilian decided to see the pictures.

Her breath hitched, and the blonde jumped up. That was impossible. It was alright if one shared a name with another, but for them to have almost the exactsame face... that could not be. Carefully, as if scared that something might happen to her, Lilian looked back to the photographs, looking at an exact copy of her boyfriend, only with a sun-tanned skin and dark brown eyes, at least, that's what she thought, for the photo was black and white after all.

Lilian stared at the clearest picture, before returning to read the file.

'Jasper Whitlock. Born: Houston, Texas, February 25th, 1844. -------- Siblings: two older brothers, one younger sister. Luther Whitlock (born 1836 - 1865), Henry Whitlock (1840 - 1907) and Willow Whitlock (1847 – 1864). ------- Went into the Confederate Army at age seventeen and climbed up in rank over two years. Brought women and children from Galveston to safety before disappearing for forty years.

Appearance: Honey blond hair, brown eyes (though later re-emergences tell that these are gold now), a formerly sun-tanned skin. He's 6'3" tall and seemingly prefers black clothing.

Re-emergences: Atlanta, Georgia, seen with one blond, short girl and a honey blond male that had the same hair and skin color (1906, photograph 7). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, seen with a short-haired girl that had the exact same color in skin, 1948 (photograph 9).'

Lilian quickly looked at the photographs and gasped once more. The girl that Jasper had been seen with... was Alice. In 1948.

"Holy fucking shit, this is impossible..." Lilian muttered under her breath, in a rush she continued to look for other familiar names in the book. Eventually, she also found the files of Rosalie and Emmet. Both of them were also at least 60 years old.

Lilian closed the book and rushed herself towards her backpack. She took her laptop out and started her programs on face recognition on the entire Cullen family. Lilian started to get a headache when she found the name Carlisle Cullen in the archives of hospitals since the 18th century. When she looked up the files with pictures of the hospitals, she looked at the exact same, calming face of the doctor she'd met a couple of weeks ago.

'they can't be the same, that'd mean that they're...'Lilian's thoughts stopped, and her hand went to her mouth, which was mumbling a single word, "Immortal."

Lilian walked towards her pin-up board and took off the map of Forks. She walked to her desk and sought for her colored markers and her colored paper. She wrote down all the peculiar events that occurred since the Cullens had arrived.

*1. Cullens arrive in town. Two days later: Sam disappears. *2.Everyone at school is completely head-over heels with the Cullens because they're so attractive. *3.They lied about a lot of the facts they were telling during their intro's.*4.When Sam was found, he asked Collin why he stank. Hostility between the two since Collin started dating Alice Cullen. *5.I met a weirdo in the woods --

Lilian stopped writing. Then, the flashbacks shot into her head like a bullet.

"Lily, come back here, weirdo!"     "We were just joking,"   "Your daughter is a young Cold One, Cristy! Keep that filth away from my children!"

"I am on a lonely hunt..."              'The moonlight made his skin look even whiter...'                   ' his skin was as pale as snow...'                                      'The police officer looked at Rachel's parents, "Something drained her blood out of her body, before ripping it apart..."

                 'A six-year-old Lilian flipped through a Quileute legends book, searching for the term: Cold One. The mandala of the Shapeshifter was far more interesting though'                        'That tattoo looked familiar...'

Lilian ran downstairs, not looking where she was actually running to. She only had one goal: finding that thick, legends-filled book that she'd hated since she'd looked up the meaning of the Cold Ones.

"Lilian, what are you doing in my office?" Cristina Harper asked surprised. Lilian realized where she was and looked at the ground. She hadn't been alone in a room with her mother since their giant fight.

"I need a book," Lilian said, "a book with legends of the Quileute tribe..."

"No," Cristina said promptly, "I burned that thing long ago. Now leave." Lilian knew that she was lying, she just knewit. But she did as she was told, in order to avoid another fight. She merely nodded at her mother and went back to her room.

"Then we're going to do it the hard way," she mumbled. Lilian sat back at her desk and listed everything that she suspected if she put every logical, scientifically based piece of her mind aside.

'Alright, so I think that Edward would be able to read minds (he's too witty. There's no way in hell someone can come up with comments that fast) Maybe Rosalie possess some power of beauty. Emmet can possess super-strength.'

After she wrote that, she decided that she'd try not to give her intentions away, by controlling her thoughts when Edward was near, for example. Lilian took her backpack and put her laptop and Mysteriously gone inside for the next day. Tomorrow, she'd try and observe the behavior of the Cullens, which maybe would add more interesting things to the list...

~thanks for reading. x