PROLOGUE

Two Months Ago

"Come on, Jay, pick up your phone," I mutter as I hear his voicemail for the third time in a row. What could he possibly be doing right now that's more important than this? 

Making my way up the stairs to my studio apartment, I think about our plans to move in together. We talked about it being damn time we do since it's been two years since high school ended. The reason we didn't move in together straight away was because he felt we weren't ready for that and that it would be good if we had our 'personal space' to start with.

I dial his number once more, vowing that if he doesn't answer then he can go to hell. He knows we have plans tonight to celebrate our five year anniversary. We're going to the super cute restaurant that we had our first date in all those years ago. 

Beep beep

Beep beep

Beep beep

Beep-

He rejected the call! Fuming, I turn around from where I came and get in my car. My Audi R8 purrs as I start her. What can I say? My parents love to spoil me on birthdays.

One destination in mind, I start my 20 minute journey there with the music on full blast.

In what seems like no time at all, I'm parking outside his apartment building and getting out of the car. His apartment building has an elevator unlike mine which I step into while I check my phone for the time.

6:09PM

I sigh as I walk to his door, bringing my closed fist up to knock. Once, twice, three times.

Nothing.

That's weird. Maybe he has his headphones on or he's asleep. Lucky I have a key!

Letting myself in, I make my way to his bedroom. That's when everything comes crashing down.