SHE

"Hello, you're speaking with Macy from Heartache-"

"Hey, it's just me."

My face heats up as my fingers freeze their tapping on my desk. "Oh, um, Ollie! Hey..."

"'Sup"

His voice is nonchalant and unusually uncaring. "Not much, how about you? I haven't heard from you the last few days..."

"Sorry, things just got busy once I came back home."

Yeah, sure. "Right. Hope things are going well with you and your family."

"Yup."

There's pause in our conversation as we search for something to talk about. This has never happened before and I know it's my fault for being a scaredy cat. When I sent him those messages, it was me freaking out and I regretted them as soon as I sent them. But the damage was already done so I couldn't just take them back.

Oh, how I wish I could.

"Mum tells me she's feeling good."

My head moves subconsciously up and down even though I know he can't see me. "That's great, Ollie." I murmur softly, genuinely happy to hear that.

"It is."

For that moment, Ollie sounds normal but then he clears his throat and I can tell he's pushing down his emotions. Not wanting him to hide, I quickly try to salvage the moment.

"Are you busy today? I thought maybe we could finally go to Starbucks like planned?"

"I've actually already got plans for today sorry. Maybe another time... Well I better get going. She's going to be here any minute."

"She? Oh-"

"Sorry, she just walked in. Talk to you later!"

end of call

"Yeah, talk later I guess," I sigh sadly, knowing that I've screwed up and missed my chance to be with the most amazing guy I've ever met.

♡♡♡

AN: So... This is depressing.

Anyway, hi! I hope this is still interesting everyone!

We're so close to 10k! Only 1k away so if you guys know anyone who might like this book, please feel free to suggest it to them! 🤗

Idk if any of you read boyxboy (LGBT+) books but in honour of Pride Month, I've started writing my first one on my second account! If you're intrested then head over to ChloeKaydeeLGBTQ and check out 'Game Face'!

Question: what has been your favourite moment of HH so far? 💞😊

- Chloe x