Chapter 1: Goodbye

A/N

The picture above are what your wings look like as you age, except black. I don't own this art! Credit to the artist!

(E/C) Eye Colour

(H/C) Hair Colour

(S/C) Skin Colour

It was 2008, San Francisco. An exciting day for Will Rodman, one of the leading scientists at Gen-sys Labs, a very successful man that's always obsessed with his work. You see, Gen-sys is working on cures for diseases. They do this by testing different solutions on apes, the closest animal relating to a human. A specific disease Will and his team are working on is a cure for Alzheimer's disease. Something that his father is suffering badly from. 

One of Will Rodman's friends, Franklin, assists to the apes. He is the most friendly and caring to the animals. His personal favourite, Bright Eyes (Chimp No.9) is a very intelligent chimpanzee. They experimented on her with a chemical they call, the ALZ-112. A supposed cure for Alzheimer's disease.

Gen-sys is known for their experimentation of animals. But people never expected them to be testing on a human being. 

Gen-sys had many secrets. But one of their biggest ones is that they were working on merging human and animal DNA. A woman, who was in desperate need of money, signed a contract that gave the company complete control over her, they offered her a generous amount of money for it. So she said yes. 

But what she didn't know is that she was pregnant, with you. 

The contract stated that the lab would only do small experiments on her, but they were lying. Every once in a while, they tested on her, injecting her with different animal DNA. Raven DNA, snake DNA and ape DNA. She obviously never told the doctors anything about you or what was happening.

One night, you were born. And she kept you hidden from the outside world. After your birth, your mother fell ill. She was weak and in desperate need of help, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to raise you like this. So that morning, when you were asleep, she was being wheeled out of her room and through a hallway. Passing Chimp No.9's cage, Bright Eyes. 

Bright Eyes looked a little angry with the woman. She then realised that she was sick, really sick. The woman looked around at the scientists, who were completely oblivious to what she was doing. She gently held you up and handed you to the female ape through the open window of the cage. Bright Eyes took you carefully and pulled you close, keeping you warm. The woman then laid back down on the bed and smiled. 

"Take care of her..." She whispered. Bright Eyes looked at you, then back to your mother and nodded. "Thank you..." She said as the scientists rolled her off.

Once the woman was out of sight, Bright Eyes heard scientists yelling and shouting, "She's flatlining!" and "Someone come quickly!" She sat down underneath the table in her cage and examined you. You had beautiful (E/C) eyes, soft (H/C) hair and smooth (S/C) skin. But you also had some other distinct features. 

Your eyes had flecks of red and you had tiny little pitch black raven wings on your back. Bright Eyes smiled. Even though you're different and she's only known you a couple of minutes, she feels the need to protect you with her life. 

She gently laid you down in the blankets, right next to her baby ape son. You and the baby ape immediately embraced each other. There was an instant connection. Bright Eyes hugged you both, keeping you warm and hidden from the scientists outside the cage.