Chapter 23: Only the Beginning

A/N

(Y/N) Your Name

"Signing

"Talking" 

Koba screamed as he fell down the building to his death. He hit pieces of metal as he fell down, crushing him once he got to the bottom. 

Caesar looked around at all the apes. Rocket gave a hoot, then slowly the other apes all gave positive hoots for their king, glad that he won the fight. Caesar stood and watched, then he gasped. 

He ran over to the last place he saw (Y/N), she was lying in the same spot she was before. Blue Eyes followed and watched Caesar as he rushed over to her. He bent down on his knees and held her head, looking at the scratches the metal created on her skin. Since her skin was softer than the apes, it was easier for her to get injured. 

Caesar looked at (Y/N) with extreme worry on his face. Please breath. He thought. But she didn't move. Caesar hugged her closely, fearing the worst. He was shocked when she took in a quick deep breath and went into a coughing fit. Caesar held (Y/N) as she began to breathe properly. She placed a hand on the back of her head. 

"Well that was unpleasant." (Y/N) said straight after. Caesar chuckled then gave (Y/N) a massive hug. 

"I thought I lost you again." He said quietly. (Y/N) hugged back. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Suddenly, (Y/N) pushed Caesar away and asked something frantically with her hands on both of his shoulders, "Shit, where's Koba?!" 

"Gone." Caesar said while trying to calm her down. "For good." He finished. (Y/N) exhaled a breath of relief and nodded. 

"Thank god." She whispered. She slowly stood up and Caesar helped her. Blue Eyes gave a quick hug to (Y/N) as well. They made their way over to the edge of the building and saw the females and younger apes walk towards the building. They made their way down to the main part of the bottom floor. 

Apes walked down the stairs to meet up with the wives and children. Caesar stood at the top of stairs with (Y/N). They both heard commotion coming from behind them. They saw five or six apes surrounding Malcolm as he came walking through a small hallway. 

"Leave him!" Caesar yelled. The apes stopped and backed away. Caesar and (Y/N) stood in front of Malcolm. 

"You're not safe here. They made contact, with the people who are coming. Soldiers. You have to leave now, everyone." But Caesar shook his head. "Caesar if you don't go, it'll be an all out war." 

"War has already... begun. Ape... started war. And human, human will not forgive. You must go... before fighting begins. I'm sorry, my... friend." Caesar said. Malcolm gave a slight smile. 

"I thought we had a chance." He said. Caesar also gave a sad smile. 

"I did too." Caesar pulled Malcolm's head forward and placed their foreheads together and separated. 

"You're a good man, Malcolm." (Y/N) said as she stepped forward. "Thanks for helping us." Malcolm nodded as he smiled. Caesar and (Y/N) turned around and walked over to the other apes. Malcolm slowly walked back to where he came in, not wanting to say goodbye. He was so glad he had the chance to meet and bond with amazing people, and apes. And as he walked more and more into the darkness, he was gone. 

(Y/N) and Caesar had looked back one last time. They faced the apes as all of them came closer. Caesar had found Cornelia and hugged her while she held their baby son, knowing that she was worried sick. Caesar let go and slowly walked down the steps. 

Apes held their hands out, asking for forgiveness. Majority of them had automatically assumed that Caesar was dead and immediately turned to Koba because he tried to take control. 

Caesar continued walking and placing his hands on everyone else's. Eventually, he stood beside Blue Eyes, Cornelia, (Y/N), his friends and other extremely loyal apes. And every one of them, except his son, wife and sister, bent down and reached out their hand to show respect to their leader, their king. 

Caesar stood, proud of what he did, created and helped. And now, it was time to find a new home. A safe home. An ape home.