Oath

J rolled her eyes and stepped away, pausing when she found Liam, George and George's alpha watching them. Behind Liam, stood another pack of wolves, all watching her with a curious gaze.

They held her attention for a moment. Something familiar and yet unknown about them.

J shrugged and crossed towards Liam, ignoring their audience. "There were two wolves. Callie confirmed it. Apparently a big one and a little one. The big one drove off the smaller one. So, it doesn't seem like they're working together."

J paused and turned her head - Her actions all animal in that moment.

She pinned her gaze onto George who was a half-step away from Lorna, his hand outstretched and ready to grab her neck. "If you touch her, I will tear your throat out."

Sounds drifted into silence, no one moved, no one spoke as George's eyes turned toward J. Whatever he saw in her gaze made him falter and his hand slowly fell to his side, but his eyes glittered with hate.

She felt more than heard Lorna's shaky breath of relief. J ground her teeth but forced her attention back to Liam, "I think we should head back to Rootbridge. If there's two then maybe not all of the attacks have been from the same wolf. We shou-" She trailed off when a wolf from the other pack stepped up to Liam's side. A shudder ran over her skin and something leapt inside her.

Liam looked to him and then back to J, "J, this is Trevor, the Beta of the Black Oath pack. They think their alpha might be one of the rogue wolves. This is the pack who reached out and asked us to help them catch him."

J studied the man in front of her, calmly. Long, dark brown hair framed a strong jaw line coated in stubble that had clearly been growing for a few weeks. Eyes, dark and like a laser ghosted over J in judgement. He scented her, brow creasing, probably as he smelt her lack of wolf. He must be powerful, much more so than Dexter. J could barely tear her eyes from him, what was it about these wolves that was so familiar. She definitely hadn't encountered a 'Black Oath' pack before. She didn't remember trying to kill any of them either. Yet still, something inside her was screaming that she knew these wolves. And judging by the look in the Beta's eyes, she wasn't the only one that thought the same.

Trevor inclined his head in greeting, but his gaze drifted past J to where she knew Dexter's body still laid. As he met her gaze again, a flicker of humour crossed his face, "looks like we missed all the fun."

J shrugged one shoulder, but found herself smiling in response.

"We'll make sure to stay on your good side." Trevor gave her a small nod before he stepped back and inclined his head to the three wolves stood behind him. "This is the rest of our pack, Jonathon," a tall, blond haired man nodded tightly. Didn't speak, didn't show any emotion, barely even breathed, "Zander," a slightly younger looking wolf gave her a flirtatious smile and a wink, J scoffed. "And, Will."

J studied the wolf closely. He was shy, not quite meeting her gaze. A hand raised and pushed the glasses up his nose as he cleared his throat, "hello." He muttered quietly.

J nodded in response and jerked her head towards Rayna, "my Beta, Rayna, and this is-"

"Lorna," the she-wolf interrupted, stepping forwards to J's side earning a low growl from her mate. "I'm the newest addition to J's pack."

If the Black Oath pack noticed the growl of indignation from George or his Alpha, they didn't react. Simply nodded their heads at the two women. "We'd best be getting back to Rootbridge. It'll be good to see Jake again," Trevor said to Liam, the Beta nodding in response.

"Yeh, I know he's looking forward to it." Liam offered as he turned and began to walk off with the Black Oath pack following him.

"Will Cassidy be there? And her girls?" Trevor enquired, his voice holding a teasing tone. J watched the tallest wolf, the angry one, Jonathon, tense. The growl of his wolf humming low in the air.