Convinced

Logan didn't like the idea of leaving J to go and see Doc alone. His wolf liked it even less. It was only when Jonathon promised that he would look after her, ensuring Logan across their pack link that he was no threat as he had met his mate – which surprised Logan – that Logan's wolf agreed she could go.

Laying across her bed, with his pack hovering near the door, Logan waited as patiently as he could for her to return. When he sensed Jonathon, his heart skipped, waiting for her tempting to scent to fill his sense, but to his dismay, he was alone.

Jonathon walked into the cramped bedroom and locked eyes with Logan, "she's with Doc. Doc asked me to give them some privacy. Figured she was safe." Logan didn't speak, just nodded. He knew that J was safe, would be safe. He knew that none of the Rootbridge pack wolves would hurt her, and yet he could not relax because his wolf was convinced, absolutely convinced that their mate was in danger still.

Logan tried once more to wrestle control from his wolf, but he was having none of it, still in survival mode. Logan sighed heavily and his wolf barked in his head at him. Logan hated this, hated feeling so trapped.

Eventually, his wolf was so exhausted that he began to drop off to sleep. He was in the middle of a particularly enjoyable dream that involved a forest, an alcove and his mate, when fear hammered through his chest.

Logan woke on his wolf's growl, both of them vying for dominance as they tried to assess the situation. His pack blinked awake around him, obviously not sensing the danger, but there was something. Something was happening.

Untangling himself from the bedsheets that smelt just like J, Logan pushed himself to his feet. The elation as he realised that he, the man,was in control of his movements died in his stomach as a dreading sensation tore through his chest. "J," he gasped out, as he raised his hand to his chest, "J's in danger, J's-" the rest of his words were lost to him and the world as his wolf burst from his skin, threw back his head and howled before racing out of the house in search of his mate.

The world blended into nothing as Logan's wolf tracked her scent, his heart racing and mind spiralling out of control as a blood lust he'd been denying for years – according to his packmate's timeline of his disappearance – surged through his veins and stole all sense of control, until Logan only knew one thing; the need for blood.

A cry caught his wolf's attention and he shifted direction to head towards it, skidding to a stop at the sight of the Rootbridge Alpha's hovering over their child. There was no J in sight, but her scent was here. She had been here. His pack skidded to a stop behind him, all in their wolf form.

Logan locked eyes with Cassidy, who's eyes glowed with her wolf as she clutched her child to her chest. Jake stood protectively over them, pain and fear straining his face. Logan's own chest ached at the knowledge that his mate was still out there, still in danger.

"Logan," Logan turned to Cassidy in surprise as she addressed his wolf, "find her. Find J. And when you do? Kill those wolves. Kill them all." The steel in her voice strengthened Logan's resolve, and with a glance over his shoulder, the Black Oath pack poured forwards like a raging tsunami, in search of their alpha female.

*

A/N

Only a short update today!

More Tomorrow...