Different

He stalked across the land like a predator possessed. The Black Oath pack could barely keep up with him, having failed in trying to convince him to use the car. He would not stop, would not rest until he found her.

Trevor watched Logan with a calculating gaze, he knew his strength was failing. Knew that in his current state, even if his alpha did find his mate, he'd have no strength left to save her. He hated this. Hated what Logan had been put through. Hated what J had gone through.

Logan hadn't told them where he'd been. Hadn't thought to share what he'd lived through, but Trevor could sense...something, across the pack link. It was a darkness, a growing black darkness that hadn't been there before. Whatever had happened to Logan, he was barely coping with the reality of it.

Trevor's phone buzzed, and letting the man have control of his form, he answered it with a sharp "yeh."

Saf's voice trailed down the line and instantly Jonathon's attention was on him. His eyes narrowed, the hulking beast seeming to grow before his very eyes. Jonathon's wolf pulled its lips back to expose its teeth, a growl growing in his chest. Trevor rolled his eyes and waved him off with a hand, blocking his free ear and asked Saf to repeat what she'd just said.

"I said, Gee just rang me. Though why he rang me I have no idea because I'm miles away, but he said that apparently the SUV that showed up on the perimeter CCTV is linked to the Rivermoon pack. Will has their address on his list of packs, I'm sure of it. They'll have her."

"You sure?" Trevor asked quietly, watching as Zander tried to keep pace with Logan as his wolf form raced off up ahead. Trevor stopped walking and stretched his body backwards until his spine clicked.

"Yeh, about 85% sure. Bring her home, Trev. Oh, and tell the Neanderthal to stop growling. It's annoying." Trevor chuckled, Jonathon's growl deepened.

"He misses you too, Saf," he teased and hung up on her before her insult reached him.

Tucking his phone back into the special pack he'd had designed to shift with him from wolf to human form – something his pack members had mercilessly teased him for and yet often begged to use – Trevor levelled a look at Will and Jonathon. "Rivermoon. They have her."

Will didn't need to be asked before he was searching through his own phone for the address. "Got it, we're miles out. We're going to have to drive."

Trevor tilted his head towards the distance, "try telling him that." Logan was currently growling at Zander, swiping out at him. Zander, although the joker of the pack, had managed to stop Logan from racing off without them, even if he had endangered his life to do so.

"You go find us a car, I'll convince the rabid wolf to choose luxury over pride."

"Good luck," Will offered, disappearing into the treeline.

Meanwhile, Jonathon had shifted back to his human form and was now a seething mass of muscle, anger humming from his body. His wolf waged a war in his eyes, hearing his mate talk to another wolf so easily when she refused to talk to him....Trevor knew that Jonathon was struggling.

Knew. But didn't much care.

Trevor gave him a small, teasing smile. "Saf says hi." Jonathon flinched and Trevor briefly wondered if he was going to kill him. Somehow, he reigned in his anger, his jaw tightening.

"Don't push it, Trevor." He said tightly, before he turned and headed after Will.

Trevor watched him go, a pang of sympathy echoing through his chest. He took a step towards Logan, paused, turned over his shoulder and shouted to Jonathon's retreating form, "she also called you a Neanderthal. I can only agree!"