[Again]

"So when are you going to talk to him?" Alice asks as Millie and her sit on her porch. Millie sighs as Alice continues, "it's been weeks Millie, you might have to cut him a little slack."

Millie knows she's right but she just can't seem to let herself forgive him. "I just... I can't. I don't know why."

"Just give it some more thought-" Alice stops abruptly and sniffs the air. "Your dog is here." She glares at the forest.

"You don't smell very good either leech." Leah spits as she walks out of the forest.

"Settle." Millie warns.

Both the girls roll their eyes. Alice stands up to leave. "Jasper still loves you. You know that and I know that."

"-Just give me more time Alice."

Alice pats her shoulder, glares at Leah then she's gone. Leah takes Alices spot, putting her arm around the upset blonde.

"You don't have to take him back — you know?" Leah reminds.

Millie nods, "I know... it's just I still love him." She sighs. "I just never wanted to be one of those girls who go back to their boyfriend even after he leaves them. But it's exactly what I want to do!" Millie flops backwards, resting her head on the hard floor of the porch.

"I don't think you could be one of those girls if you tried Millie. You're your own brand." Leah looks at Millie with a fast beating heart. "I actually wanted to tell you something..." Leah trails off, playing with her hair.

"I'm all ears, Leah." Millie sits back up and smiles.

"Well I just wanted to.. ah well." Leah stumbles over her words. Suddenly Leah's expression turns sour. "Of course." She mutters confusing Millie.

"Stay away, wolf." The familiar voice of Jasper Hale came from nowhere.

Millie spins around to face Jasper. She feels so at home swimming in his amber eyes. Then she remembers that he insulted Leah. "Hey! Don't talk to her like that."

Jasper's face softens seeing Millie's face. "Darlin'." He breathes.

Millie's eyes tear up. Leah places a gentle hand on her shoulder, Millie holds it. "Go home, Jasper."

"Take your hand off her. I can feel how in love she is with you. She's not yours." Jasper seethes. Leah takes her hand off Millie as if she's been burnt.

It looks as if she's about to walk away but she squares her shoulder and faces Jasper with fire in her eyes. "Yeah? Maybe I do love her. More than you do apparently. 'Mr leave-at-the-drop-of-a-hat.' I was there when she needed someone and she was there for me too. So you can just butt out!"

Millie sits in shock. She had a feeling Leah liked her, which she didn't mind, Millie has had girlfriends in the past and had crushes on plenty of girls. But Leah just said she loved her. That's a big difference.

Jasper stands still. "Jasper just leave." Millie feels tears roll down her cheeks. "You're making it hard to forgive you."

Jasper turns around and stalks off.

Leah looks at Millie, "I'm sorry. I just needed you to know. It felt like some big secret and I'm not a fan of secrets..." Leah rambles. Millie laughs.

"It's okay Leah." Then they relax in silence.

Millie knows she'll have to eventually tell Leah that she'll be a vampire at some point. Millie looks up at the cloudy sky she's gotten so used to and decides that today isn't the day for telling.