t w e n t y-o n e - i know the drill

i wanted to know if i could hold you,
if that's okay t o n i g h t . . .

🌊🌊🌊

It seems that I've underestimated just how good Brody is at surfing. Of course I've heard from others that he could go pro in the sport with no problem, but that fact doesn't really sink in until you've witnessed that kind of talent with your own eyes. This weekend served as the eye-opening experience I needed to truly appreciated Brody's raw talent.

Seeing him surf at home on our beaches doesn't even compare to him in a competition. There's a completely new vibe to him, one that shows me how hard he works and how much he loves it. Probably more than anything he could ever love in his entire life, honestly. It's that deep of a passion, and it's that obvious when you watch him.

He swept up first place in his category again on Sunday, practically destroying anyone else's chances of taking that spot. It wasn't even an option – Brody was meant to win gold.

As Owen, Brody and I began walking to the hotel after all of the announcements and trophies had been given out, gushing over Brody's performance today, someone called his name. At first, I thought it might have been a sponsor or something, but we all turned around to see a panting Marina running up to us.

My body stiffened for a reaction, something I couldn't stop from happening. I was hoping Brody didn't notice as his arm was snaked around my waist.

"Hey, what's up?" He jutted his chin out at his friend, waiting for her to speak next.

"A bunch of us are gonna go out to dinner together to celebrate. You wanna come?" She asked with her eyebrows raised as she tried to catch her breath.

Without a hitch, he went on to answer her, making a smile come to my face and my heart flip in my chest. "If Lena can come along, sure," he shrugged a shoulder, his voice so calm that I wondered how he does it.

How he can seem so relaxed while simultaneously causing me to have a spasm. Like he could rip my heart out without batting an eye. Frightening, but true.

Marina blinked, glancing at me quickly before her gaze retreated back to Brody. "Of course! You can all come," she chirped, including Owen as well. "We're meeting in the lobby in an hour, so if you need to shower and all that, you better hurry."

"Alright, cool. Thanks," Brody grinned, stretching out his hand to trade a fist bump with her. Another flash of her pearly smile with a quick wave, and she was gone.

The three of us hustled to get to our rooms, Owen promising to come knocking on our door if we weren't at his room by 7 o'clock. Brody simply rolled his eyes and flicked Owen off, gently pushing me inside our room and shutting the door behind him.

While Brody went in the shower first, I got my outfit ready because I knew that was going to be half of my battle. He was done in ten minutes, hair damp and briefs clinging tight onto his lower half. I bit back my grin as I passed by him and hogged the bathroom for half an hour, with Brody only wanting to get in so he could fix his hair.

He was waiting on the edge of our bed when I was finally done with a couple of minutes to spare, dressed in a peach-colored, sleeveless swing dress and white high tops, my waves untouched, and just the tiniest bit of makeup on. Brody's head perked up from where he was previously fiddling with his watch, his eyes lighting up at my appearance. The blush that coated my cheeks was so obvious, but I tried to cover it up by smiling at him.

"You look absolutely adorable," he said as I walked over to him. He reached for my hips, pulling me between his thighs and locking me there, so I folded my hands behind his neck to steady myself.