17.Girls Day

[hilo author here just wanted to let y'all know I absolutely LOVE reading all your comments and I love seeing which parts are your favorite or ones you laughed at. You all are just so cute ily all ahshhss anyway back to the story 😅]

17. Girls Day

"So, did you guys get asked to prom yet?" Veronica asked as we laid in a pile of blankets and pillows in my basement. Veronica, being Larry's girlfriend, has joined Ash and I's sleepovers.

"Jon doesn't ask me, we just kinda go." Ash said, "Did Larry ask you?"

"No, not yet. I hope he does. I didn't go last year cause Dillon broke up with me right before."

"I remember that. He was a dick." Ashley said, "(Y/N), did Sal ask you?"

I laughed, "No. I don't even think he'd wanna go." Sal hadn't shown any interest over that past few weeks. " I'd mention how many orders we already had for boutonnieres and corsages at work and he would just kinda be like 'Oh? That's cool.' And then he'd drop it."

"Maybe he's nervous? Planning something big?" Veronica said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed, "I dunno, Sal doesn't seem like the big gesture guy?"

"Who knows, maybe deep down inside he's like a major 'gesture guy' and he'll buy you a kitten with tags that say  PROM?"

I laughed, "My dad would kill him."

"What's your dad's issue with pets." Veronica asked.

"He's allergic to hair. Like I swear he'd be allergic to his own hair if he tried hard enough." I chuckled.

"Your dad's weird." Ashley laughed. She didn't mean it in any mean way, since she always says that he is like a second dad to her.

"I heard that, Ashley." My dad hollered through the basement door. "Maybe next time at the store I won't get that pack of Chex-Mix you really like, that I only buy for you." He said raising an eyebrow, "Or how about that ice cream pint in there we always get for you."

She laughed, "Sorry my very caring second dad, you're the best second dad ever."

He nodded, "That's better." He laughed. "I'm going to bed girls, do you need anything before I go?"

"Yeah, a bag of Chex-Mix." Ashley suggested, laughing.

He held up a finger, signalling us to wait and he walked away from the door, seconds later he came back and chucked [yeeted] the unopened bag of Chex-Mix down the stairs and into the middle of our circle. "Anything else?" He laughed.

"We're good. Thanks Dad." I laughed.

"Okay. Goodnight girls!" He smiled, grabbing the door handle.

"Goodnight." We all said in unison before he shut the door.

"Remind me not to call your dad weird."

°
We woke up on Saturday at around 10 am. Veronica suggested we go down to the dress shop and try on dresses to someone coax our boyfriend's into prom-posing. My dad let us borrow the Jeep, which reminds me to save money to get a car, and we piled in.

"So, what's your dream dress?" Veronica cooed, smiling widely, dreaming about her dress probably. "Mines literally a princess dress. I want it baby blue or black and sparkly." She explained.

"Mines probably something two piece or mermaid." Ash shrugged. "I don't put much thought into it."

"Yeah, me either. I'd just like something I look good in." I laughed.