22. Acceptance

22. Acceptance

°Sal°

It was Sunday night and I was sat at the dining room table in my dad and Lisa's apartment. Shortly after they got back from their honeymoon, Lisa moved her stuff up to my dad's apartment and I moved my stuff down to the basement. It's basically like we live alone, but we don't at the same time.

Tonight, Lisa made her famous seafood lasagna. It was normal lasagna but with shrimp and a cream sauce instead of a tomato sauce. It was quiet as we ate, the sounds of chewing and forks hitting plates, but Larry spoke up.

"It's nice of you to join us, Sal." He said, glaring down at his plate. Lately Larry has been quite pissed off and I didn't know why.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, getting tired of his cold attitude. He had barely said anything to me in the past few weeks.

"It means exactly what I said. I've barely seen you since we went to the lake." We went to the lake mid April, just as the weather started to get warmer. It was now May. It had been about three weeks since we went.

"We live together, how can you not see me?" I chuckled, trying to joke with him and lighten the mood.

"Because you've been so far up (Y/N)'s ass lately that you can't hang out with me for one day."

"Larry!" Lisa scolded. "We're at the dinner table, you know the rules."

Larry groaned, "But, I'm serious! Sal, yeah I know, you're happy and in love, but I'm also your best friend, fuck I'm your brother!  You gotta make some time for me too!"

I frowned behind my mask and stared into my plate. After what happened at the lake, I had been extremely close with (Y/N). The only reason I wasn't with her now, is because she had to work. Something happened in my brain and I just didn't want to be away from her.

Larry's stare burned into my head before he got up and shoved his chair back to the table and stormed out of the apartment. I sat there before looking up at my dad.

"He's right, Sal." He said, frowning. "You have been with her quite a lot, and I know Larry's taking it pretty hard."

"Yeah, Sal." Lisa said, setting her silverware down on the table. "You are Larry's best friend and you have been for years now, he's just upset. But he does have a point. You don't want to constantly be around (Y/N). You'll eventually get sick of each other, especially since your relationship is fairly new. You both need your space to grow."

"Well, we're not together right now." I said, shrugging.

"That's different, Sal. She's at work, which means she's doing something to keep her occupied. You two need to spend time with yourselves. You need time to do whatever you want, and she needs time to do whatever she wants."

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm gonna go talk to Larry."

They nodded and let me go. I walked out if the apartment and to the elevator. I pressed the big B and the elevator started to descend. Once the doors opened I walked out and to the door of our apartment.

I opened it swiftly and walked inside, moving over to Larry's door and knocking on it.

"What?" He snapped.

"Can we talk?"

"About your little girlfriend? No." He said coldly.

"No, Larry. Not about her. Please, let me in."

He opened the door moments later and walked back to his bed. "Then what?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were upset about it. You're always with Veronica so, I didn't think it was an issue." I sighed. "I've just never been this close with a girl, Lar. I'm so in love with her, and, I dunno, my brains going crazy." I sat beside him and he frowned.