ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

I ONCE READ SOMEWHERE THAT, 'When something goes wrong in your life, just shout 'plot twist' and move on.' And let me tell you it's a sheer bull. It really didn't work when I tried it with Klaus.

Let me tell you how it all started...

"Listen, Caroline, sometimes it doesn't work out with someone because they're a piece of shit who deserves a piece of shit, and you, Caroline, are not a piece of shit," I said into the phone as I dragged my cabin bag to the immigration area, ignoring the weird looks I was getting.

"But Matt's not a piece of shit," Caroline said, confused.

"Oh, my God! I am saying it to make you feel better, you idiot," I said frustrated.

"Oh! Thanks," she said with a pause and continued, "At what time will you be here?"

"Two more hours, give or take," I said.

"Fine. I will see you then," the blondie said.

"Wait... Don't tell anyone about it yet. I am really not in a mood for long lectures after a 12-hour flight," I added as an afterthought, standing in the immigration line.

"Fine. Fine," the teenager muttered, carelessly.

"Really, Caroline. Don't. Come in the morning or tomorrow after school," I said in a severe tone.

"Okay," she said in the same tone and muttered a "Tough crowd."

"Whatever. I will start in 10 minutes. I don't think any cabbie wants to take me from Richmond to mystic falls. I should probably compel some poor soul," I muttered.

"Don't kill anyone?" she said and cut the call.

I put my phone in the pocket and saw that I am the next in the queue.

"Passport and boarding pass, please," The lady at the immigration desk asked.

"Name?" She asked me, eyeing me curiously once I handed her my passport.

"Katy Perry," I said with a straight face.

She gave me a once over and said, "Welcome back Miss Perry," stamping the ink impression on my passport

"Thanks," I said, taking my passport and dragged my luggage out.

I still can't believe I took that stupid passport out of all the other fake IDs in Katherine's stack. Remember the trips I took to New York after Mason left, that's what I was researching about. I browsed through Katherine's iPhone and saw the places she visited in her google maps. I then retraced those steps, which led me to the Bank of America. I wasn't really sure if Katherine had an account there, but I decided to throw an arrow in the dark, and it was a bull's eye, with the help of a little compulsion.