ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22

SACRIFICE.

The thousand-year-old vampire who is trying to break the curse his mother placed on him is going to end on that day with the help of the sacrifice. A lot of lives are depended on it. Depended on the improvised plan, if we are being specific. It was probably the only thing that's been running through everyone's head that day. People were anticipating the full moon night's events. Their nerves were on edge all day long.

However, the only person who was undisturbed about it other than the oblivious town folk of Mystic Falls was Katherine Pierce or covertly known as Catherine Matthews. The girl from another world, who fortunately or unfortunately is caught stuck in a fictional universe. Katherine's composed, mostly because she knows everything is going to go as planned. Even if some unknown outer force decides to intervene with the ritual, she will still get the results she anticipated. Hoping that Klaus stands by his word, anyway.

The whole apartment was a mess that day. The Original Vampire wanted everything to be perfect, and so he was doing the most work himself. Occasionally, ordering his witch and warlock, checking with them if everything was in order. Katherine thought he was overdoing it. Honestly, though, the ritual involves 6 things, one being Klaus itself. The other five being a moonstone, a vampire, a werewolf, a doppelganger, and a witch.

"We are leaving," Klaus said, standing in front of the vampire-doppelganger, who has been his hostage for a week now.

"Hope...for your sake, this works," The Original said.

There was a threat underneath the calm tone. A warning. That if anything goes wrong with the plan, the 500-year-old vampire would wish, she is long dead.

The brunette just nodded her head, stiffly uttering, "Good Luck."

And once they left, the Petrova vampire stayed there, wondering in her mind, what she has to do once she gets her freedom from the immortal hybrid. Though, she didn't get much further in her musings when she started to here someone at the door.

"What the heck are you guys doing here?" The girl possessing the body of a fictional villainess asked, staring at the intruders with wide eyes.

"Thought you would like some company," said the blue-eyed vampire.

"And, since, someone has to invite him in..." Alaric's murmurs trailed as he came inside the flat, and turned towards Damon, who was still on the other side of the door, saying, "Damon, would you like to, uh, come in?"

"Why, yes. Thank you, Ric," Damon mockingly said, coming inside as if he owned the damn place.

"Seriously, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the ritual ground, giving moral support to my doppelganger or something?" Katherine asked, confused.