Little Dragon

20 minutes later I heard a little crack. The top of the egg had a spider web of little lines cracking on the top. Only seconds later and the rest of the egg had been cracked open. I held my breath as a little white claw poked out. The head soon followed, with little gold horns on a small white head, darkening to a grey at the muzzle, finally, it fell out and onto the floor. A little row of gold spines ran down it's back reaching to the tip of its tail. Tiny gold claws adorned the white feet. curled up wings that started a dark gold and quickly faded to white for the rest of the wing. It crawled to my feet and crawled into my lap, my heart overflowing with emotion for this tiny little creature. I stroked it as it nuzzled happily into my stomach. What should I call you little one?

Alina

Something whispered in my head. My dragons name.

Alina? Is that you?

Yes, but I can't really talk much. I'm weak and small. I'm gonna sleep now.

Okay. Sleep well.

Lifting up my dragon, I held her to me, her head resting on my shoulder. I walked out of the hall to where the random brown-haired boy, blond-haired boy, Zara and Zane were waiting, alongside my brother. Looks like I was the last one. They all had their dragons, and I briefly noticed that Zara's dragon had light blue feathers, a Water South dragon, before I turned to my brother and he motioned for us to follow him as we continued to our dorms. Now I think about it, I'm not quite sure what type my dragon is, I mean, I have never heard of gold on a dragon before. 

"Jason. What type is my dragon?" Without even turning around he answered me.

"Come on Elia, you should know this."

"Look though Jason, she has gold on her!"

"Gold? Dragons can't have gold on them...." He trailed off as he turned around and saw my dragon.

"Woah. I have never seen that before. You can ask the headmaster about it." His jaw dropped.

"I'm going to ask him. It doesn't make sense."

"Okay, that's fine" He answered as we reached our dorms. 

"Okay, everyone! Girls go left, boys go right! Someone will meet you at your dorm. Be ready tomorrow morning early at 6:00, right back here, and someone will take you to breakfast. Goodbye!" 

I went up to my brother and hugged him.

"Love you, bro."

"Love you, sis." 

And with that, I followed Zara to the left as we followed a path towards a wooden looking house. It was relatively big and had an open field behind it. We reached the house and knocked on the door, it was opened by Mia? or Danielle?

"Hi!" She said in a really happy voice "I'm Danielle! Welcome to the girl dorms! I'm going now, but the other girls have your timetables, and you can choose your rooms, and you know everything you need to. Any questions, just wait till tomorrow morning. Bye!"

We went inside the dorm house, seeing it fit out with an open living and dining area, and a bar leaving the kitchen open. The kitchen was on the right, the living area on the left, and straight ahead was the big dining table and the stairs along the back wall. Sitting in the living area were 6 girls. 3, were Charlie, Kiera and Athena. The other three I didn't know, but there was one black haired, pale-faced one, one bright blonde and one light purple haired one. They all looked at us as we came in. They each had their dragons on their laps too.

"Hi!" They said as we walked towards them.

"Hey! I was told you guys had our timetables. Do we all have the same lessons?" Zara asked as we made our way over and sat down.

"Yeah, here you go! Also, we need to choose our rooms. By the way, I'm Ava, this is Autumn and this is Lilya." The girl with purple hair said really energetically, pointing at the Blonde and then the black haired, pale-faced one. I looked around, Charlie's dragon was West Fire, Kiera's was North Lightning, and Athena's was South Crystal. Ava's dragon was South Air, Autumns was West Earth and Lilyas was North Night. My dragon was North, but what type, I had no idea. 

"Why don't we go around in a circle saying our names and powers?" Charlie suggested.

"Okay, you go first," Kiera said.

"Charlie, Elemental"

"Kiera, Shapeshifter"

"Zara, Witch"

"Ava, Witch"

"Athena, Rider"

"Elia, Elemental"

"Autumn, Shapeshift

"Lilya, Vampire." She said, and then pointed at me "And why don't you tell them what you really are?"