17♛

I sniff the air for any clue of where we were heading but all I smelt was wet bark that mixed with damp earth and dead leaves that crunched beneath us with every step we took.

"Where are we going Max?" As usual he didn't answer, he laughed then tightened the blind fold in case I was peeking.

"Im so tire-," I pause to listen to the sound of water crushing against rocks as its calm melody burbled over rocks and branches.

A river?

"We are here," I breath in to the calm scent of the forest and as I do so I feel a weird peacefulness reside in my heart. The blindfold finally falls from my eyes my vision taking a moment to adjust to the change of lighting. I rub against my sore eyes and open them again.

I gasp at the beauty of the nature around us, it was breathtaking. The trees formed a shadowy roof on top of us as the branches twirled to hug each other. I watch as a small leaf fell from the branches and delicately danced in the wind until it landed in the cool blue water of the river where it was splashed away.

I laugh, my voice projecting out making the chirping birds flap away as it disturbed their peacefulness. I kick off my sandals wanting to feel the damp soil with my bare foot.

"I love it," I turn towards him and look down to his shoes that were still intact with his feet.

"Take them off!" He furrows his eyebrows then averts his eyes to my bare 'feet' as I busily buried my toes in the wet soil.

"Aren't you afraid of fungi or something?" I roll my eyes and move away from his boring presence, I didn't need his negativity at a time like this.

I look over to the water body, was it a river? A stream? Whatever it was it was sure as heck tempting.

"What is this?"

He furrows his eyebrows again,"Water..."

"No is it a river or a stream?" He walks to stand beside me.

"Why do you care?" He clearly didn't know also.

"Just curios," he takes my cold hand in his warm one and leads me towards the river/stream, whatever it was.

"Why care..." My eyes widen when he flings his shirt off and carelessly throws it to the ground. They keep intact with the shirt laying on the dirt, tempted but not wanting to look at his naked chest and clearly with the noticeable  tension that was forming between us it was better to not incase it instigated anything. But shortly after I quickly look towards the source of the energetic yell and splash, and there he was popping his head out of the water with the hugest smile I had ever seen on him. I laugh and run towards the water body kneeling down so that I was able to look at him better.

He swims towards me and looks up at me, his eyes holding an exploding happiness within, the blue in it matching the water around him.

"Aren't you afraid of fungi or something?" I mimic him, my hand sweeping away the wet hair stuck to his forehead.

His smile grows and he looks up at the sky for the longest time that I am forced to look up to see what was so interesting that it could take all of his focus away, excluding of course the intertwining branches.

"What are you looking at?"

"Nothing..." his voice sounded lost and I knew exactly what he was doing, he was remembering, probably a memory he had made here before. I look down at him but he was still looking up with utter concentration, his smile long gone.