32 ♛

I was panting profoundly by the time I had finally reached my apartment, sweat dribbling from every corner of my body and making me a sticky, panting mess. I smiled up at the building, my eyes quickly searching the fire escape stairs but I frown when I don't see any traces of him. Maybe he didn't want to see me ever again or maybe he hated me so much he didn't want to show up. I subconsciously start biting at my nails at all the bad possibilities that were getting too loud in my head.

"I'm over here," my head snaps towards the voice and my smile widens at the sight of his shadowed self. A huge part of me was relieved that he didn't hate me and we were giving each other a chance by both being present here. He wasn't wearing a hoodie nor cap but hiding underneath the shadow of a Christmas tree.

Maybe it was the daze that caused me to say what I said next or maybe I was too drunk on the thousands of emotions swirling within me, that I didn't properly register what came out of my mouth but it was too late as I had already screamed at him: " I love you Maximus Bartholomew! I love you!" My eyes widen and I clamp a hand over my mouth, heat vigorously rushing up to my cold cheeks. It was true but I didn't expect to be so violent about it and now I felt bad and I didn't know how to reconcile. He'll think I've been forced to say the magic words! I meant though!

"Motherly fudges of all gummy bears I didn't want to say it like that-" I shut my mouth when he emerges out of the shadows and his laughter cuts through the tension that was building around me. I put a hand on my chest and breath in, "whew I thought you'd be mad at me and tell me that I didn't love you when I do completely. I don't know why i screamed it at you that was totally irrelevant. Sometimes I don't get what I say and it just like blehh comes out like its so hard to understand me too someti-" I fall silent when he moves so close to me that his breath slaps my face, so close I could feel a clench in my core.

"I love you more than anything Hales," and with that our colds lips meet and find warmth from each other, warmth I didn't know I craved. I feel his hand swirl behind me pulling me impossibly close, deepening the kiss, craving for the warmth that swirled from the tips of our lips to our stomachs and beyond. It was like a drug, intoxicating, a drug Id want to kill me. I put my hands on his collar and pull him closer forgetting about the buzzing world that became a mere blur around us. It was just us in our own little dimension, a dimension we created when our lips touched, all our worries shoved to the back of our heads as we created our own reality.

I could hear the cameras start shuttering but I refused to open my eyes, I refused for anything to ruin such a moment, such a kiss beneath a Christmas tree on new years eve. But he pulls away however I refuse to open my eyes, reliving every second of it. I feel his forehead against mine and his heavy breathing fanning me. I open my eyes to look at him and smile at the sight of him wearing the biggest grin I had ever seen on him.

"I love you Hales," I smile and place a small peck on his lips. Reality was slowly ticking closer like a bomb as the paparazzi bunched us like a sandwich. Count on them to ruin a perfect moment.

"Are you sure you want to be with a crippled?"

"So you guys are official?"

"Tell us how you met!"

John and some other bodyguards had thankfully already interfered as they pushed all the paparazzi away from us and guiding us to the safety of John's car.

"The castle?" I stare at John's reflection on the rear view mirror and he catches me staring, smiles and winks at me which makes me heat up at being caught staring.

"Where do you want to spend New Year?" Max looks towards me still smiling. Maybe we should kiss again.... but I didn't want to make John feel awkward so I had to resist how inviting his lips looked.

"We are going to meet my grandma," he was looking down at my lips as he spoke probably thinking exactly what I was thinking. I lean in but then realise his grandma is the queen and all my horniness turns into worry.

"You mean the Queen? Im not even dressed properly! She won't accept a low life like me at the castle! Max please no! Please! It's not-" he pecks me on the lips and doesn't move, stays right there, our lips touching and our breaths mingling. He was teasing me but I wasn't going to give in, so I gulp and avert my eyes from his lips to his eyes.

"I love you and she will most definitely love you too?" I close my eyes and nod. I mean I was Hales Adams, who could possibly hate me!? But I really needed those lips on me but Maximus had different ideas because he lowers himself into my lap and looks up at me. He was stunning, everything about him was perfect. God had clearly taken a lot of time creating him, sharpening his jaws and the cheekbones and combining both the ocean and the night in his eyes that always seemed to sparkle. His nose was sharp and even the odd bent in it that pulled it slightly to the right looked good, living proof that symmetry wasn't required for the perfect face. He was so perfect I didn't even realise how long I'd been staring until his eyes were shut.

He was asleep, an angel on my lap releasing silent sighs which were a horrible excuse for snoring. My hands instantly find their way to his hair, it was thick and soft and my fingers couldn't stop dancing in them. I try to do the little massage he always did to me that made me calm, tried to master the art I loved.

"I like your head massages," I whisper making sure neither him nor John hear me.

.

"Max wake up, we are here," I gently nudge him but he doesn't even flinch. He looked so peaceful I couldn't help but take out my phone and snap a picture of him, even the blinding flash wasn't enough to wake him. I look at the picture and declare it to he on the wall of frames as soon as I printed it out.

"John?"

"Yes Ma'am?" John looks towards the backseat, down at Max and smiles. A smile that showed that John truly cared for him.

"I don't know when was the last time he slept like that," I look down towards him and smile again like a lovestruck teenager after throwing her virginity out the window to the popular hot guy who was just playing her which leads to her smile eventually faltering when she realises it. Not that I was getting played, I just didn't know how to explain all the smiling, a lovestruck teenager who's finally had a thing with her player crush and couldn't stop smiling seemed more appropriate.

"Ma'am can I ask you something?" I nod, never tearing my eyes from him like the lovestruck teenager I was.

"Please don't break his heart," I look at John and slightly tilt my head.

"I would never," My wrist watch starts beeping alerting me that it was already 11:00 pm. Mom, dad, Sam, Angel and Daniel were probably waiting for me at Londons eye and it was only an hour left before a new year strikes.

"John, let's go to Londons eye, I don't want to meet the queen today," John chuckles and immediately starts the engine without question. I lean on the window and close my eyes. It wasn't bad if I got some sleep as well.