9

Sorry I'm a day late, guys! I'm sure you know how it is mid-semester...

Don't worry, there will be another chapter up tomorrow :)

--------------------------------

"Please tell me you're not wearing that top," Lena judges, eyeing my outfit.

"What do you mean?"

"It looks like something my grandma would wear."

"I love this top!" I defend. It's dark blue, decorated with small red love hearts.

"It's cute, but not for a date."

"Then what should I wear?"

"Something... sexy."

"I thought this was sexy."

"The skirt is, but we need to fix this top. I swear, your style is so... Mona Vanderwall."

She ducks into the wardrobe, mumbling to herself. I've already dumped most of my clothes onto my bed in my attempt to find an outfit, but apparently, it wasn't enough. The skirt i'm wearing is a light blue denim shade, with silver buttons down the front.

"Put this on," Lena says, returning to the room. She holds up a white t-shirt. It's plain, but pretty low cut.

"Isn't that too boring?" I ask.

"Not if you wear it with a necklace."

She hands me the shirt, and heads towards the bathroom. Moments later, she returns with a small silver chain.

"Go on," she smiles. "Get changed. I'll pick out your shoes."

I do as she says, tossing my old shirt onto my bed and replacing it with the white one. The necklace she brought me is one of hers. It has a cute little charm in the shape of a cats face.

"Alright," she breathes, tossing me a pair of brown booties.

"Are you done now?" I ask, slipping them on.

"I think so," she hesitates. "What do you think?"

Even though I'm not wearing the top I wanted, I still feel comfortable. It's still me, it's just a little low cut, and a bit see-through. Okay, so it's a bit sluttier than my usual style, but I can work with it. To finalise my look, I add a brown nude lipstick, and pull my hair into a ponytail.

"I like it," I say.

"Perfect! Are you ready to go?"

"Is it too late to cancel? I can always say-."

"Go," Lena urges, pointing to the door. "He'll be here any minute."

"Are you sure? I could probably-."

"Sarah!"

"Fine," I grumble. "But if the date sucks, I'm blaming you."

I walk out of our room, expecting the rest of the apartment to be empty. Owen has a job as a personal trainer at the gym, which is where he is most of the time. And Tyler, well, I never really know where he is. Except for right now.

Both the boys are in the kitchen. Owens sitting at the breakfast bar, drinking some kind of green juice. Tyler is behind the counter, holding a can of beer. They're both shirtless.

"Damn, Sarah, you look good," Owen smirks at me.

"You think so? I don't know about this top," I respond.

Lena snickers. "You should've seen the other one she was wearing. She looked like a total prude."

"I did not! I love that top."