35

Holy shit, guys! We reached 5k! I love that so much. I can't thank you enough. You all make me so happy. 

--------------------------

"What the fuck were you doing with the cops?" he urges.

"Nothing," I shrug.

"That's bullshit."

"It's not important."

"Fucking tell me then!"

"It doesn't matter."

He grabs my arm, pausing me in my step. I glare up at him, tugging my arm free.

It's weird seeing him here. I've only ever seen him on campus when we're at the Barrel. He doesn't even have any books with him.

"I swear to fucking god, if you were in there about me, I'll fucking-!"

"No!" I scowl. "It wasn't about you!"

"Then what the fuck were you doing?"

"I told you, it doesn't matter!"

"if you're fucking lying to me-"

"I'm not!" I insist. "Why would I do that to you?"

"Because you're Miss Perfect, that's why!"

"Well, I didn't!"

"And you fucking better not! If you even fucking think about it, I'll-."

"You'll what?" I cut him off. "Make me suffer more than you already do?"

His expression hardens. I didn't even think about my words before they fell from my lips. But it's true. He hasn't made my life particularly easy the past few weeks.

"That's not what I was going to say," he tells me.

"Then what was? Some other kind of threat?" I ask. "Because honestly, I'm getting really tired of this crap."

"Don't you think I am, too?" he scoffs. "You're hovering around like a fucking fly I can't get rid of!"

"Hovering around? I live here!"

"Yeah, in my apartment, on my campus. Hell, you stole my fucking room!"

I didn't know that. I thought it was Owens.

"You could've told Owen no!" I respond.

"Don't you think I fucking tried?"

"I never would've moved in with you if I knew who you were!"

"I thought we fucking settled this back in Greenbay!"

"So did I, but apparently you still have a stick up your ass!"

"I do?" he scoffs. "You're the one who brought it up!"

"Because you did! Talking about how this is your campus..."I shake my head. "Grow up, Tyler! Didn't your parents teach you to share?"

"Well, I'm fucking sorry my parents were too coked up to give a fuck!"

Shit. I shouldn't have said that.

I can tell he regrets it too. He clamps his mouth shut, knowing he shouldn't have let those words slip. But it only makes me empathise with him more. My anger subsides, instead replaced with care.

"I wasn't at the police station about you," I tell him. "I was there about Christian."

"Christian?"

"I reported him. I thought they could help."

"I thought I told you I'd handle it?!"

"You did, but I think the cops should know."