22

"Good morning!" Lena cheers, plating up her breakfast.

"How can you be so happy this early in the day?" I grumble, collapsing onto a chair at the breakfast bar. Owen sits here too, but he's buried in his phone.

"Well, unlike some people," she gives me a pointed look. "I actually went to bed on time."

"I was stuck in a Netflix binge!" I defend. "They uploaded the latest season of Pretty Little Liars."

She gasps. "And you didn't tell me?"

"You were asleep!"

"You could've waited for me," she pouts.

"I don't mind watching it again."

"Are you sure? Because I'll hold you to that and force you to sit through the entire season with me."

"Of course," I smile.

"Yes! Let's do it! Cancel your plans!"

I laugh at her, shaking my head. I don't doubt she'll force me to do just that. It's alright though. I'm not doing anything important today besides some biology questions.

Lena makes her way over to us, carrying our breakfast plates. She sets them down before us, and then goes back to grab the rest of the food, and a coffee pot.

She woke us up bright at early this morning, telling us she'd made us breakfast. I have no idea what brought this on, but I'm not going to reject an offer of bacon and eggs.

"Do you have any idea what this is about?" I ask Owen.

"Fuck no," he frowns. "I figured you would."

"Nope."

"Tyler!" Lena calls. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Are you sure he's even home?" I ask. I swear he hasn't been home since that guy broke in. At least, I haven't seen him.

"He's here," Owen says. "He's just lazy."

As if on cue, his bedroom door flies open. He heads our way, a tired scowl on his face. His hair is messy, his lips are plumped, and his cheeks are puffy. He actually looks... kind of cute. I wish he was wearing clothes, though. He's just in a pair of boxers, which are way too revealing. As much as I want to look, I force myself not to. Not even to eye the rest of his tattoos.

"What the fuck is this?" he grumbles, running a hand over his face.

"I made you breakfast," Lena grins.

"Why?"

"For a family meeting."

We're a family now?

"At 9am?"

"Owen has class soon."

Tyler groans, sliding into the barstool opposite Owen. Lena sits next to him, pouring us each a cup of coffee.

"So," she begins. "There's a very serious issue that we have not addressed yet."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Owen and Sarah have their birthdays in the same week!"

A giant smile tugs at my lips.

"I'm so excited!" I grin.

"That's what this is about?" Owen chuckles.

"I freaking love birthdays!"

"I know you do," Lena smirks. "So I was thinking... we should throw a party!"