50

"I don't want to do this," I complain, applying some glue to my fake eyelash.

"Too bad," Lena says. "You have to."

"No, I don't. It's not too late to cancel."

"Yes, it is! It's almost 6 already!"

"But he's just across the hall! He'll understand!"

"No!" she gives me a pointed look. "Do you want to date him, or not?"

"Not right now."

"If yesterday never happened, would you be excited?"

"Yeah, but-."

"Then you're going on the date!"

"I feel so awkward, though," I say. "I'm so embarrassed!"

"Don't be! You were high!"

"I just... I can't believe I did that."

"Well, I'm sure he liked it," she teases.

"Lena!" I scold. "This isn't funny!"

"I think it's hilarious."

"No! This is bad!"

"Just put your damn eyelashes on, and face him like an adult!"

I groan, ending the conversation. She's never going to let me cancel.

I've been avoiding Tyler all day. It wasn't hard. He's barely ever home, and when he is, he's usually in his room. I saw him coming out of his room a few hours ago, but he just gave me a cocky smile and let me run away from him.

After what happened last night, I'm way too embarrassed to be anywhere near him.

For a while, I expected our date to be cancelled. We hadn't completely confirmed it yet, and our lack of communication today told me it was off. But to make sure, I sent Lena out to investigate. I would've sent Owen to get some more detailed information, but I haven't seen him since yesterday.

So, Lena made up a lame excuse to speak to him. She knocked on his door, wanting to apologize for being annoying yesterday. I hid in our bedroom, eavesdropping on their conversation. But he didn't fall for our trick. He completely ignored her apology, and said, 'Sarah, I know you're listening. We're leaving at 6'. He shut his door, and that was that.

I stick my eyelashes in place, and add a final layer of setting spray. To finish off the look, I run my red lipstick over my lips and move them around a little, to make sure it won't get on my teeth.

I have no idea what we're doing tonight. We never actually spoke about it. We only determined what day it'd be on.

For my outfit, I've gone for a fairly casual look. A plain black A-line dress, with a white Peter Pan collar. Lena always tells me this dress reminds her of Wednesday Addams, but I love it. I've paired it with some black ankle boots, and loose curls.

There's a loud knock on the door, making me drop my lipstick tube into the sink. I quickly grab it, my heart thumping in my chest.

"Sarah? It's Tyler."

"Come in!" Lena calls.

I take a deep breath, calming my nerves. I eye myself in the mirror.

You've got this. You've got this.

I leave the bathroom, hesitantly entering the bedroom. Tyler stands in the doorway. His eyes perk up when he sees me, and I smile at him.

He's dressed up for me. He's wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. It's still casual, but it's a step up from his usual sweatpants. I don't think I'll ever see him in anything more formal.