33

"Can you turn the cooler on?" Owen asks. "I'm melting back here."

"Oh my god! Stop whinging! I'm freezing!" Lena grumbles, pressing the air conditioning button.

"Well maybe if you had let me drive, we wouldn't be having this problem!"

"How many cars have you crashed, Owen?"

"It's not even that many!"

"Four!" Lena calls. "You've crashed for different cars!"

"But I'm past that now! I stick to the speed limit!"

"I don't give a shit! You're not driving my car!"

"Come on! We're almost there!"

"Exactly! So you can suffer just a little longer."

"We should've just gone with two cars."

"For the last time," Lena grumbles. "That is so bad for the environment!"

"Well, this car ride is bad for my health."

"Don't be ridiculous. Do you have a fever or something?"

"I hope not. If I get sick, I'll have to bail on my date tonight."

"That's what your worried about? Not missing class or work?"

"Fuck no," he scoffs. "I can live without that. I can't live without sex."

"You need to get your priorities straight. Without a job, you'd be homeless."

"You don't have a job and you're not homeless."

"That's because mum is paying my rent."

"She'd pay my rent too if I was homeless. Or, I'd move back in with them."

"As if you'd do that!"

"I'd do if it would get you to fix your damn cooler!"

"If you want it fixed so bad, why don't you pay for it?"

"Because it's not my car."

"So stop complaining!"

"Jesus fucking Christ," Tyler groans. "Stop fucking arguing!"

I wish they would. We've been in the car for way too long, and all they've done is bicker. They were fighting before they even picked me up.

I spent the morning at the cemetery with Quinn. We packed a picnic, and sat with mum for about two hours. We talked about everything, but mostly Quinn's engagement. We went out the night before to celebrate, but Quinn got called into work to investigate a possible murder.

She was pretty mad about Tyler, but Lena managed to convince her it wasn't that big of a deal. Quinn insisted she had to meet him, to make sure he wasn't too much trouble, but Stacey told her not to worry. If anything bad would happen, she'd be the first to know anyway. Besides, she's a police officer. She won't let Tyler get away with anything.

"Sarah," Owen leans forward. "Swap with me."

"We're almost there!" I object.

"But it's so fucking hot!"

"It's raining outside!" Lena points out. "The sun isn't even shining!"

"That doesn't mean it can't be warm!"

"Oh my god, you're such a dick!"

"Come on, bro," Tyler says. "We're almost there."

"I'm sweating!" Owen cries.