Chapter 22

An electric shock affected my blood pressure with forbidden cold memories. My rapid pulse infected my veins, deliberately. The air was contagious by her presence. Her dark shadow was cursing my world from a distance. Her eyes tasted the poison under my breath. Her deep souvenirs swallowed me into her warm womb.

I've sinned. My mind was celebrating the funeral of an inhuman creature. My bones were smoking flames of death. Invasion of hate was my last request and my first wish.

Jessica Halls, I hate you for breaking my heart.

"Jack," I started. "Let's go. I don't want to spend one more second here." I headed to my car. Jack followed my order as we drove far away from this dark place.

The fight was definitely her plan. Colin probably stalked me this afternoon when I was planning my first date in the forest. Jessica knew that was my favorite place. She probably saw me and wanted to torture my mind with her presence. I wasn't mad. I was shocked. The person who murdered her parents in a fire was free and was walking in the streets like she was an angel from Heaven. I hated the fact that she wanted to control my mind after all these years. She didn't change. She was the same manipulative girl from my past.

I should've stayed home. I should've listened to Hazel.

My first love was a criminal. My first enemy was my father's lover. My brain was cold with ice of anger. I wanted to scream in front of Jessica. I wanted to tell her that I hated her so much. I wanted to ask her for answers. She took advantage of me. She pretended that she actually loved me when she was faking everything just to get my fortune. I was young. True, but she still wanted me to suffer. She stole my heart and buried it on purpose.

"Hawk." Jack interrupted my thoughts with a serious warning. "Slow down. Do you want us to crash?" He asked, trying to calm me down.

"Did you know? Jack?" I broke down my words. "Did you know that Jessica was still alive?" His face flushed with obvious clues.

"It was for the best, Hawk." He admitted the truth in his own words. "You were going through a lot. I didn't want to add more to your pain. To be honest, I found out a week after your father's funeral." He paused. "Look at you, this is exactly why I didn't want you to find out. You're broken. Revenge is your next move. I know you."

"It doesn't matter, Jack," I yelled. "I hate her. I hate her so much." My intentions were pure evil.

"I know you do but you have to understand that she's the past and you need to move on." He gave me a piece of cold advice.

"How can I? Jack, How can I?" I squeezed my teeth against each other. "She tried to murder my father, me and murdered her own parents for God's sake. She doesn't care about anyone but herself. I don't know why I fell in love with that criminal in the first place."

"You were young and immature. I'm sure you didn't even know what love was." He assured me. "Karma exists."

"How am I going to tell my girl about this?" I shook my head. "That's going to hurt her. I know that for sure."

"Don't rush it." He exclaimed, dryly.

"I don't want to break her heart, Jack." I thought of Hazel. "I really like this girl, man."

"Then don't." He advised. "If you know that she's going to get hurt then don't tell her." He gave me a friendly punch. "You have to protect the people you love."

"By hiding the truth?" I burned his intentions, secretly. "I don't want to hide anything from her."

"You and I both know that Jessica is capable of anything .Hazel might be in danger. In great danger right now."