Chapter One: No Androids Allowed

***Big author's note! I was reading back through this after getting some comments and noticed there is some serious formatting errors. There's random spaces everywhere and I have no idea why (I don't remember it being like this when I was doing some basic edits a few months ago but might've missed it). It's on my list to fix for sure and I'm so sorry! It's probably something to do when I used to use the hemingwayapp and pasting it back into Wattpad. I use grammarly now.***

Connor finally spots the elusive lieutenant at the fifth bar he tries. The man tries very hard to not be found. Unfortunately for him, Connor was created for this. Hank would have to cooperate if they wanted the mission to be successful.

He walks stiffly over to the detective, ignoring the jeers of other patrons. A girl in her late teens, early twenties is sitting next to him, drinking whiskey on the rocks. From the unsteady movements, it had not been her first drink. Connor analyzes her; the report bringing back that she is Lieutenant Anderson's daughter, age eighteen, Aurora Anderson.

"Lieutenant Anderson, my name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife," he says, getting the attention of the detective. "I looked for you at the station but nobody knew where you were. They said you were probably having a drink nearby. I was lucky to find you at the fifth bar." Aurora's eyes pierce through Connor, but she doesn't say a word. This unsettles him more than it should.

"What do you want?" Hank asks, his speech indicating that he was significantly less intoxicated than his daughter. Then again, she had not said one word since he had approached them. She could just look drunk as a natural thing.

"You were assigned a case early this evening. A homicide, involving a CyberLife android. In accordance with procedure, the company has allocated a specialized model to assist investigators," Connor speaks quickly and impatiently.

"Well, I don't need any assistance. Specially not from a plastic asshole like you. So just be a good lil' robot and get the fuck outta here," the detective says, waving his hand at him dismissively. Knowing that he's going to have to change his strategy, he sits down on the other side of Lieutenant Anderson.

"You know what? I'll buy you one for the road. What do you say? Bartender, the same again, please!"

Hank turns to Aurora, grinning at her. "See that Rory? Wonders of technology..." He turns back to Connor. "Did you say homicide?"

Connor wants to protest to Hank's daughter tagging along on their case, but he's relieved to get the Lieutenant to finally leave the bar.

"You wait here. I won't be long," Hank says to Connor when their vehicle arrives to the scene.

"My instructions are to accompany you to the crime scene, Lieutenant."

Hank glares over at the android in anger. "Listen, I don't give a fuck about your instructions. I told you to wait here, so you shut the fuck up and you wait here." He gets out of the car, leaving Aurora and Connor in the car.

"Come on," the petite brunette says, opening the door. "I have clearance. You can follow me."

Connor gets out, analyzing the young woman's voice in his head. This is the first time hearing her speak. She's more refined and mature sounding than he thought she'd be.

"Androids are not permitted beyond this point," a police android says, holding out his arm.

"It's with me," Hank calls out, allowing Connor access. "What part of 'stay in the car' didn't you understand?" He looks to his daughter standing behind Connor, who shrugs.

"Your order contradicted my instructions, Lieutenant."

Hank sighs, rain dripping from his ragged grey hair. "You don't talk, you don't touch anything and you stay outta my way, got it?" Connor looks to Aurora, wondering if those instructions extended to her. "I'm just talking to you. Rory knows her place."