Chapter Seven: Connected

"I told you not to come, dammit," Hank seethes, spotting Aurora among the others.

"And I ignored your request and came anyways. Documenting this could secure my job when you finally kick the bucket from alcoholism." Connor notices how pale she is, and the sweat pouring down her face. She looks unsteady on her feet, but to anyone else, looks fine. The hospital shouldn't have let her discharge herself.

Hank back downs, knowing it's futile to argue with her. "I will toss you from this floor if you get worse from this."

"That's not rational," Connor says, looking between the two. "By not wanting her harmed, you will punish her with harm."

Aurora pats Connor on the head as if he's a dog. "It's a term of endearment." She walks away, camera in hand to look at more evidence.

"Hi, Hank," Chris, another cop, greets the detective.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it"

"Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

Hank grunts in annoyance. " Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back. I knew this was gonna be a shitty day. So what do we got?"

"A group of four androids. They knew the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed. They attacked two guards in the hallway. They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react." Connor looks over at the security desk, spotting two men being questioned.

"One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him."

Hank nods, looking at the staff in question who looks shaken up. "How many people were working here?"

"Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"The roof?" Hank points up.

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes. We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping. If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there." Chris points into the broadcast room where the deviants message is on replay. The three walk into the room, running into FBI. "Oh Lieutenant, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI. Lieutenant Anderson is in charge of investigating for Detroit police."

"What's that?" the man asks, pointing to Connor.

"My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife."

Perkins stares at him, before turning and leaning into Hank as if he doesn't want Connor to hear. "Androids investigating androids, huh? You sure you want an android hanging around? After everything that happened? Whatever, the FBI will take over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case."

"Pleasure meeting you. Have a nice day," Hank says sarcastically, heading towards the video.

"And you watch your step. Don't fuck up my crime scene." With that, Perkins walks out.

"What a fuckin' prick."

-

"Whoa there," Gavin says, steadying me with his arm. "What are you even doing here? You have a concussion among other things!"