⊶ Chapter Eleven ⊷

lol. MC just doesn't get a break. edited this pretty late- might come back to double check everything's alright. see ya in the next chapter~

⊶⊗⊷

"My deepest apologies Miss (L/N)" Tension hung heavy in the room. Nodding as a sign of acceptance of his apology you remained quiet. Hands hidden in your hoodie's pockets you shrunk in the cold metal chair, a police interrogation room wasn't the most relaxing place. You couldn't help the feeling of dread that had plagued you ever since you laid eyes on that photo.

Hannah.

You weren't exactly sure going to the police was the best idea. It was Oscar's idea, hell he drove you here and was currently pacing up and down in the waiting room down the hall. They would save Hannah, wouldn't they? They couldn't not save Hannah. Everything would be fine. How come no one noticed her missing..?

How long had she been like that?

When was that photo taken? Zoning out completely you distanced yourself from the commotion around you. There had been a kidnapping. The cops were finally doing something, trying to prepare themselves to go to the coordinates. Hannah was somewhere in the forest. Where else would she be? Of course, she was in the goddamn forest. Where else would they take her? You felt so guilty- how long had she been there. If only you have done their cute little scavenger hunt earlier. Hannah could have been saved sooner...

"Miss (L/N)?" Your thoughts interrupted. Hesitantly you greeted the cop that had walked into the room. The cop looked friendly, far friendlier than the brute that hadn't even believed you at first. There was something comfortingly familiar about him, he had dark hair. His eyes a warm brown that made you feel at ease. Was this the 'good cop' in the iconic duo or..? "I'm Officer Davis, I work a lot with witnesses." Nodding you watched him take a seat in front of you.

"I'm sure you're very on edge right now, there's a possibility you have a stalker." Possibility? You've got to be kidding me, this isn't a case of a possibility. It's a fact. You have a stalker and its the same man that buried you alive, the same man you are sure to get locked up. The same man that had Hannah. He was going to jail. Along with his friends, you would make sure of it. "I do have a stalker, I gave you a description." You said through gritted teeth. "Have you found him?" You had been sitting here for hours being shot with question after question, they must have found something.

"We have a full name."

"The name...?"

"Timothy Wright, but there's a problem."

"What is it..?"

"He's been a missing person for five years, presumably dead."

"But... I saw him around town..."

"He's from another state, that's how the camera footage he's in didn't ring any alarm bells for us. We were not aware of his disappearance." That didn't sit well with you. It didn't seem right, you were sure missing person cases were shared across states. "Our suspicion is that he changed his name and moved here, either running from something or maybe joining something. You said there was a group yes..?"

"Yeah, there was another one in a hoodie. I also saw him with someone in town, the pale skin, brown hair and scarf. I think its the same person." Growing tired of repeating descriptions you wished this would all just magically sort itself out. If only you had a magic lamp or a fairy godmother.

"Whatever the case is I can assure you they will soon be behind bars." Thanking him you asked the question that has been plaguing your mind. "What about Hannah..?"

"She will be rescued as soon as possible."

"Can I come..?"

He looked stunned awkwardly laughing thinking you were joking. Then he realised you weren't, "What?"