⊶ Chapter Sixteen ⊷

:)

yo.

Its currently 1:36am.

see ya in the next chapter~

⊶⊗⊷

Twirling the cotton candy between your fingertips you walked along the streets, following the sound of instruments trying to navigate the crowded street. Even when the fireworks were long gone people still crowded the streets, guess this was an all-night thing. Taking a bite of your cotton candy you watched a street performer, dressed as the typical magician he performed the common card tricks. He was good but not amazing.

Searching for something more exciting you ventured down one street that seemed to be the hub for all sorts of magic, from crystals to packs of cards. Peering at one of the stalls selling crystals you examined the different jewellery they had made. A silver chain caught your eye, delicately weaved into a pendant was a moonstone. The silver metalwork crawled around the gem encasing it. It was made by someone very skilled. Delicately holding onto the one you turned it in your palm. It was pretty if you weren't trying, and failing to save money you would've bought it.

Flicking through the cards set out on the table you found the meaning of moonstone, new beginnings and healing.

You felt a small smile making its way onto your lips, reaching out you grabbed hold of Oscar's hand. Gloved fingers tightly weaving around his.

Hand in hand you continued to make your way down the street, there seemed to be a theme here, people loved to dress up as witches. Well, it was the perfect time of year for it...

"Look they have a crystal ball." Oscar pointed out, following his gaze you spotted a dark purple tent snuggly fit into the small space. Outside of it sat a sign displaying the cartoon representation of the crystal ball. Madame Tracy would tell you your future, for only a small price. Humming you took anther bite from your cotton candy, feeling it melt on your tongue you savoured the sugary delight.

Weaving through the bodies the pair of you made your way over. "She does tarot readings as well,"

"Wanna do it? It's not too expensive?"

Did you really want your future told? What if it was something you didn't like..? At least you would get a heads up.

Could it really be any worse than what you've been through?

Making up your mind you passed Oscar the cotton candy, "Have some if you want."

Awkwardly pushing the curtain aside you peered through to be met with a dimly lit interior. Sitting alone at a round table sat a frail-looking old lady with a veil over her face, whenever she moved the gold coins that decorated her clinked. The cloth covering the table was a dark purple, almost black velvet a crystal ball perched on top of it. Next to her clasped hands sat a deck of tarot cards.

As soon as you entered the tent the woman motioned for you to sit, it seemed like all the outside noise was blocked out. The only sound was you awkwardly shuffling and the noise made by the coins whenever the woman moved, they even made a noise when she breathed. Hesitantly you sat down on the wooden chair across from her.

Holding her hand out you slipped the money into her palm, "Uh.. can I get my future read...?" Taking the money she counted it out on her palm, slipping it away into some pocket she nodded her head. Instead of going straight for the crystal ball she picked up the cards, shuffling them rhythmically and with precision learnt over many years she spread the deck in front of you.