seven

For the past two days, the group of Gryffindors, noticed their friend had been missing. Considering it was nearly the full moon, Remus had missed his classes. They were extremely worried for their friend, because Remus said he was visiting his sick mother.

They were wondering how bad the sickness was considering he had to go home to visit her.

Lyra, however hadn't noticed him missing considering the past two days she was very busy with tutoring fellow first years.

Upon sitting beside Lily on the Great Hall, she noticed him missing.

"Where's Remus?" Lyra questioned, finally noticing his absence.

"He said he had to visit his mother. She's sick." Peter spoke, and Lyra froze.

The girl scanned her brain for the calendar, and her assumptions were right. It was the full moon, tonight. She quickly dropped her fork and leaped out of her seat. She ran out of the Great Hall at an extremely fast pace, leaving her friends wondering what happened.

Her legs took her towards the only bed occupied, which were covered with curtains. She hesitantly looked out of the window, to see the moon still hidden, and she breathed out a sigh of relief. She summoned her bag, and pulled out the potion she had made for him, and poured it into a cup. She quietly tiptoed towards the bed, and slowly pulled the curtains.

The sleeping figure was turned away against her, and she slowly and quietly placed the cup on the table beside. She immediately jumped when Remus shifted on his sleep, and staring at the boy with wide eyes, she placed an Invisibility charm on herself, leaving the Hospital Wing quietly.

------

The night later, Lily had demanded to know where she had gone off to earlier during dinner. Lyra of course, lied to the red-head and simply told her she had forgotten to do her essay. She knew Lily wasn't convinced, and pretty much knew that she was flat out lying, but didn't push the subject.

When the full moon reached its peak, Lyra glanced over at her dorm-mates and quietly walked over to the window. She saw two figures walking towards the Whomping Willow, and smiled softly knowing that Remus will be fine.

--

Sorry for the very short chapter!