twenty two

Two days passed, and Lyra had received a simple reply from Lucius Malfoy. She was now walking towards the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron, and walked towards the corner of the place, sitting down elegantly. She checked her watch to see that it was a minute to 10, and as the clock strikes, the bell ringing could be heard.

She glanced up to see a group of friends entering the place, led by none other than Regulus Black. They scanned the room for their friend's presence, and when Regulus' eyes landed on her, a small smile grew on his lips.

She waved them over softly, not wanting to attract more attention, and the group made their way to her. She then stood up and gestured for them to follow her, she walked to the other side of the room, and towards a small passage was visible. It was quiet dark, and completely empty. And when she entered, the group of Slytherins raised an eyebrow at her.

Ignoring their questioning stares, she stopped in front of a brick wal and her hand made contact with the brick. She trailed over it for a few seconds, before stopping and pushing the brick, which caused the wall to shake and split into two, opening a new passage for them. She stood to the side, gesturing for all of them to enter.

They entered the room, only to see a large table with many chairs, a fancy chandelier hanging above, and a fireplace behind the edge of the table. As the last person came in, which was Lyra, she closed the door tightly and the wall shook once more. She immediately pulled out her wand, and for a second they thought she was going to kill them all.

"Calm down." Lyra rolled her eyes,

"Silencio." She casted.

"Alright, let's talk business, shall we?" She asked, walking towards the edge of the table and sitting there.

"Did you bring the book?" She turned towards the blonde.

"Yeah." He said, pulling out a book from his robes, and handing it over to the girl.

"I have no idea why father placed several charms in it, though. It's completely empty. And luckily, I managed to break through the magic." He smirked smugly.

"Alright. What I'm about to tell you, is completely confidential, and only Remus knows about this. I've placed a charm in this room. You lot won't be able to say a word about this once we're out of this room, unless I allow you to. Do you hear me?" She said sternly.

After restless hours of thinking this through, she decided to tell them a few things. Correction, a few things she twisted to make sure nothing bad happens.

A chorus of yes earned a satisfied nod from her.

"Alright then. Before we start, have any of you mastered Occlumency?" She questioned,

All six slytherins nodded, they had all mastered it a few months back, when Lyra pushed them all to their limits. It wasn't her fault though, because they all had met the Dark Lord, and he loves to pry into somebody else's minds.

"Good, then. Alright first off, I want you all to know why I asked Lucius to bring this book." She raised the diary, before placing it in the table and folding her hands together.

"Years ago, during Tom Riddle's time in Hogwarts, he was associated with pureblood supremacists, and he grew into that ideology. Though he was no pureblood, he admitted himself as one, and no one questioned him, due to his status and power. As I've mentioned before, Tom Riddle is the heir of Slytherin, the Gaunts are Salazar's descendants, and they were killed years ago. This would mean that Tom Riddle is the last living descendant of Salazar Slytherin." She took a deep breath.

"No one could deny it, Tom Riddle made one brilliant leader. He had goons following him like a lost puppy, and he was well-known throughout Hogwarts.  His pureblood ideology went too far, and on his sixth year, he found out that there was a Chamber of Secrets in Hogwarts. He somehow figured out where it was located, whereas no one even the professors could ever find it."

"The Chamber of Secrets is real?" Emilia questioned in disbelief.

"Very much. There is a very dangerous monster inside the Chamber. And that monster is a servant to the heir of Slytherin, and it was none other than a Basilisk."

"There's a Basilisk in Hogwarts?!" Narcissa shrieked incredulously.

"Yes, Cissy. Now, may I continue?" She said patiently. She earned nods from this.

"Around thirty years ago, Tom Riddle opened the Chamber with one intention only. To eliminate the muggleborns. It didn't go to plan at first, because none of the victims stared right into the Basilisk's eyes. Which would mean, they were petrified. Until one day, a student died. That student is none other that Moaning Myrtle."

"She died from a Basilisk's attack?"

"Yes. She was crying after being bullied and looked into the sink only to face a pair of bright yellow eyes, and next thing she knew, she was dead. Continuing to the story, Headmaster Dippet planned to close Hogwarts permanently. And since Riddle wasn't of age yet, he would have to return to the Orphanage and of course he didn't want that. So, he blamed it on someone who loves magical creatures a litle too much, and who coincidentally happened to be keeping a giant spider as a pet. Rubeus Hagrid was then expelled, but Dumbledore made him a gamekeeper at Hogwarts. Hence why he lives in the small cottage outside the grounds."

"What happened to the spider?"

"He escaped last minute, and has been living in the Forbidden Forrest ever since." She shrugged.

"Anyways, they believed him and awarded him for School Services." She added.

"What does that have to do with the book?" Rosier raised an eyebrow.

"I was getting into it." She glared at the boy. "Yeah, I assume you lot know what a horcrux is?"

She earned nods from this too.

"When the Basilisk killed Myrtle, it was under his influence. So technically, he was the one who killed her, which would give him the ability to create a horcrux. Tom Riddle had a diary during his time at Hogwarts. And that book, is it." She pointed to the black book.

"That's a horcrux?" Regulus stared wide-eyed at the book.

"Yes, the first one he ever made." She confirmed.

"First? You mean to tell me, he made more than one?" Emilia slowly asked,

"There are more. And I need you lot to help me obtain them."

"What makes you think we would help you?" Nott spoke up.

"Don't forget I was the one who taught you Occlumency. I've read your minds. I know you lot are scared of losing, and I do know that you do not actually want to kill, let alone torture them. Yes, sure you hate them, but pureblood supremacists only wants to strip them out of magic." The group was quiet at her words.

"Besides, you actually do want to help me. I know for sure that you wouldn't want to be seen as Slytherins. The evil house, where all evil wizards and witches comes from." She mocked.

"This doesn't explain how you know these things." Regulus said, staring into the older girl.

"I told you, visions." She sighed, leaning back into her chair. She didn't want to lie to Regulus, but she doesn't trust the others. "Oh, and I did Legilimency on someone from Riddle's time."

Lies.

-----

After hours of partially lying and mostly explaining her plan, they finally came to an agreement.

Lyra left out the part where Voldemort has 6 horcruxes. She could obtain most of them by herself. The hardest thing to obtain was the Hufflepuff Cup. Back in her lifetime, she heard the Golden Trio's experience on breaking into Gringgots. It sounds fun, sure-- but they got caught eventually.

If Lyra were to get caught, the Death Eaters would be suspicious of her and eventually tell the Dark Lord. She was wary of her pickpocket-ing skills, or in this case-- robbing skills. She decided to play it safe.

She simply told them there was another horcrux he made; the Cup.

Considering she had the diadem and the ring in her possession, there was no need to tell them about it.