thirty

"You're finally dating?!" Lily screeched loudly, "And you didn't tell me?!" She demanded.

"You didn't ask." Lyra shrugged at her best friend the next morning during breakfast.

James slipped an arm around her waist and pressed a soft kiss on her cheek before placing his chin on her right shoulder, grinning happily at the red-head.

"Sorry, Evans. You won't be my happy ever after, afterall." James winked, which caused Lily to roll her eyes lightly.

"I called it! Since the start of last year." She smirked smugly at them.

"You owe me ten galleons, Lils." It was Marlene's turn to be smug.

"Not to be a terrible friend or anything, but why couldn't you wait 'till the end of the year?" Lily huffed, handing Marlene her money.

"You bet on us?" Lyra questioned.

"Are you even surprised?" Alice raised an eyebrow at her.

"No." She sighed, though there was a small smile on her face. "Speaking of bets, twenty galleons that Alice and Frank gets together by the end of fifth year." Lyra smirked.

"That's not fair, and you know it, love." James whispered in her ear, which sent goosebumps down her spine.

Lyra simply nudged the boy, and looked back at the blushing Alice, and the two other girls with knowing looks.

"I say by the end of next year." Marlene shrugged.

"Deal." The three girls chorused, ignoring the protests of the other girl who was blushing lightly.

"Well, the three other boys haven't shown their face this morning, and I'm afraid they're up to something. Because I know for a fact that they sent James to distract me, so I'll see you in class." Lyra said, standing up from the bench, ignoring James' long string of curse words.

"Angel... just this time... Please..." James whined, pouting his lips and giving her his adorable puppy eyes.

"James." She said sternly.

"Please..." He pouted even more if that was possible, and this time Lyra melted and gave in.

"Fine." She sighed. "What are we supposed to do now?" She crossed her arms.

This caused his face to break out into a mischievous grin and she instantly regretted asking the question. James grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him. They passed a few corridors, before they arrived, in surprisingly, the kitchen.

James must've seen the look of surprise in her face and smirked at her.

"What, where did you think I was taking you?"

"Not the kitchens, obviously." She snorted, though there was a hint of blush in her face.

"If you wanted me, you could've just told me." James grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up, James." She huffed, plopping down on the couch, James following after.

His arms automatically wrapped around her and pulled her onto his lap. They declined the food the house elves offered, instead asking for a warm cup of tea. Lyra sighed in content as she snuggled deeper onto James' chest.

The bespectacled boy looked down at the girl with a loving smile, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"You know.. you haven't said it back." James mumbled, squeezing her waist slightly.

"Say what?" Lyra hummed, closing her eyes.

"I love you."

"You know I love you, James." Lyra chuckled.