Chapter 30 - Rescue

Marcus's POV

Finally, they found out Alissa's location. I couldn't wait to see her. I was so worried about her.

When my father, Alissa's father and brother were getting ready, I went to the study room without drawing attention.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. I approached the desk and opened the drawer. I breathed deeply as I grabbed the gun and put it in the back of my jeans.

As the door was opening, I closed the drawer quickly.

"What are you doing here? We are waiting for you." My father said, giving me a questioning look. Chad was staring at me nonchalantly, his hand in his pocket.

"Umm...I am coming." I mumbled nervously and walked towards them.

"Marcus!" When I wanted to walk out of the study room, my father called me.

"Yes?" I asked as I stopped and turned towards him.

"Give it to me!" He demanded.

"What?" I asked, pretending to be confused.

"Marcus!" My father warned, giving me a knowing look and extended his hand towards me.

Chad was looking at us, puzzled while trying to understand what was going on.

"Dad, I don't understand what you are talking about." I said nonchalantly.

"Marcus! Give me!" He demanded in an authoritarian tone.

I gritted my teeth and grabbed the gun. Chad's eyes widened in shock. I breathed deeply and gave the gun to my father. Then I stormed out.

We were in the car far from the location. There were a lot of royal guards and police.

"If you have a little army that was at your disposal ready to attack any time, why couldn't you protect my sister?" Chad commented mockingly.

"Chad!" Victor warned. Chad gave him a reckless look.

As the guards barged in, I opened the door.

I couldn't sit here without doing anything when my wife and baby were in danger

I couldn't sit here without doing anything when my wife and baby were in danger. My father called me, demanding that I went back, but I didn't obey.

Suddenly, I noticed Chad following me. I stopped and turned around, facing him.

"Don't dare to stop me!" I warned.

"I didn't plan either." He said, giving me an arrogant look. "Let's go." He added and walked towards the building.

I raised my eyebrow in surprise, staring at him. I breathed deeply and went into the building.

The police arrested three men, but there was no trace from Stella.

"Alissa!" I shouted while Chad and I were searching for her.

"Alissa! Angel!" Chad shouted.

I opened the last closed door and walked in. I stopped, frozen as I saw Alissa laying on the bed in blood, unconscious. I opened my mouth and closed it without managing to say anything.

"What hap..." Chad didn't finish his sentence as he saw Alissa.

"Alissa!" He shouted in fear and approached her.

She is dead. No. She couldn't leave me. She would never leave me.

Chad was telling something while checking Alissa's pulse, but I couldn't listen to him. My mind was fuzzy.

I lost them. I lost the love of my life and our little one.

"Alissa..." I mumbled, looking at her in shock. My voice was barely audible.

She was lying without moving. Her beautiful eyes closed.

Chad approached me in quick steps and grabbed my arms, telling me something, flurried. I traveled my eyes from my Alissa to Chad and looked at him, dazed.

"We need to take her to the hospital." He stated firmly, shaking me.

As I didn't say anything or move, he frowned and slapped me across my cheek.

"Marcus, pull yourself together!" He demanded.

"Is...she..." I mumbled as tears ran down my cheeks.

He sighed, looking at me in compassion. "She is alive, but we need to take her to the hospital as soon as possible." He stated, looking into my eyes.

I nodded as I finally managed to get rid of my shock slightly. I rushed towards her and scooped her up in my arms bridal style. I carried her to the ambulance which had arrived recently. Our fathers rushed towards us, worried. I ignored them and placed Alissa on the stretcher.

I was holding Alissa's hand tightly while we were going to the hospital. The doctor was trying to help her as much as possible.

"Don't leave me, bambi. I love you so much. Don't you know I can not leave without you." I said softly, stroking her hair gently while my tears were running down my cheeks non-stops.

Suddenly, I felt she moved her fingers slightly.

"Alissa!" I exclaimed happily and stroked her hair while holding her hand.

"She moved her fingers." I informed the doctor. He nodded and looked at the machine screen, checking something.

Alissa opened her eyes slightly.

"You found us. You found us." She muttered, sobbing. Her eyes half open.

I hugged her tightly and buried my face into the crook of her neck while the tears of happiness ran down my cheeks. I inhaled her scent, stroking her hair and pulled back, grabbing her hand.

"Yes, I found you." I said, crying.

Suddenly, she fainted.

"Alissa!" I exclaimed in fear.

"Your Highness, let me check up on her." The doctor said as he started, checking up her.

"Please." The nurse said, giving me an apologetic look as she pulled me away from Alissa.

As we arrived at the hospital, they took Alissa inside in a rush. I followed her.

A few seconds later, Chad and our parents rushed towards me while I was waiting for the doctor. He was checking up on Alissa in the room.

A few seconds later, the hallway was surrendered by the security guards, and they emptied the floor as much as possible for security.

The door opened and closed non-stop; a lot of doctors, nurses were coming and leaving in a rush. I felt frightened. From their faces, I could understand that Alissa's state was bad.

As another doctor left the room, I was frustrated. No one gave us any information about Alissa's and my baby's state. I approached him and stopped him.

"Will one of you tell me how my wife and son are? Damn it! Tell me!" I snapped in frustration.

"Her state is critical. We are taking her to the delivery room for emergency C-section. The baby is in distress." He informed.

I gulped in fear as my heart tightened.

"I will come with her." I demanded.

"Your Highness, it will be the best if you don't come...."

"I want to be beside my wife!" I demanded firmly, looking into his eyes. He sighed, looking at me, hesitated and nodded.