Chapter 35

At the airport.

  When Jiang Zhi Zhou entered the VIP waiting room, his two brothers and one sister sat inside. The eldest brother Jiang Cheng Yue and third sister Jiang Le Xin held a tablet and computer respectively, and simply nodded to him as he walked in. Only the second eldest Jiang Le Zhang said in amazement and a hint of ridicule, "I didn't expect you to actually be here."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou greeted them and found an empty sofa to sit down on. A member of the staff walked up to him and politely asked, "How do you do, sir. Would you like something to drink?"

  "A cup of hot milk, please."

  "Okay, just a second."

  Once the staff member left, a five or six-year-old girl ran in from outside. Seeing Jiang Zhi Zhou, she rushed up happily and jumped all over him, "Uncle, you came too!"

  Jiang Zhi Zhou caught the child and smiled at her, "Yes I did. Is Man Man also going to S City?"

  "Yeah, Man Man wants to be with Daddy!"

  "Does Man Man not need to go to kindergarten?"

  "Man Man doesn't want to go to kindergarten. Man Man wants to go to S City with Daddy." Jiang Man Man said this with her little face scrunched up in a frown.

  "Man Man, don't make trouble. Come and sit down." Jiang Cheng Yue finally put down his tablet, and moved over to his daughter.

  Jiang Man Man looked at Jiang Zhi Zhou reluctantly after being scolded. "Man Man wants to eat uncle's steamed eggs and spare ribs."

  Jiang Zhi Zhou couldn't help laughing. "Why don't I cook for you later tonight, okay?"

  "Okay! It's a promise!"

  After successfully baiting and hooking Jiang Zhi Zhou, Jiang Man Man sat down obediently next to Jiang Cheng Yue. Jiang Le Xin, whose eyes had been fixed on her computer, smiled and said, "Man Man is still so small. If it were me, eldest brother, I would have chosen to stay at home and take care of her."

  "Once we arrive there, there'll be someone to look after her," Jiang Cheng Yue shrugged. "I know how to take care of my affairs. Perhaps you should start your own family before lecturing me about my daughter."

  Jiang Le Xin's face darkened. She pursed her lips and stayed silent. Jiang Le Zhang, meanwhile, winked over at Jiang Zhi Zhou as if he was watching a drama and eating popcorn.

  Honestly, Jiang Zhi Zhou sometimes wondered if he really was Jiang Le Xin's brother.

  He had no interest in interfering in the affairs of his older brother and third sister, but he was often worried about how it would affect Jiang Man Man. Jiang Cheng Yue was a workaholic, often staying at his office for three days in a row, working without rest and sleeping at his desk. Man Man's mother had finally given up on her marriage, declaring it akin to being a widow, and divorced him.

  Jiang Zhi Zhou had only learnt about this divorce after the fact. He was quite independent and had little contact with his brothers and sisters at home. However, a huge ruckus had been made over the fight for Man Man's custody, until even his father could not bear it.

  In the end, full custody of Man Man had been given to his eldest brother, and she lived her life from then on not only without a father to love her, but also without a mother.

  Thinking such thoughts, Jiang Zhi Zhou could not help but watch Jiang Man Man. She sat quietly beside Jiang Cheng Yue, staring curiously at the tablet in his hand. Perhaps for her it was a treat simply to be able to sit quietly next to her father.