Chapter 45

By the time Xia Wei and Tian Tian returned from their shopping expedition, an hour had already passed. Humming softly to herself, she walked back into the apartment building, called Jiang Zhi Zhou, and asked him to bring Sunshine down for a walk.

  She waited downstairs for a while until he brought Sunshine down. Xia Wei bent over to tease the dog, and Sunshine's cheerful barking provoked her laughter.

  "You seem to be in a good mood," Jiang Zhi Zhou said aloud.

  "I am!" Xia Wei raised the paper bag in her hand proudly. "While shopping with Tian Tian just now, ​​I found the dress I've always wanted to buy! I've always held off on buying it because it was a little expensive, but it's the end of the season and there's discounts on everything. This one was the only one left, and it's just my size! Lucky~"

  "Oh, then while you're in a good mood, I've something to tell you."

  "What is it?"

  "My family wants to meet you."

  Xia Wei: "........."

  The biggest ups and downs of life are surely the most exciting.

  "They... Why do they want to meet me?"

  Jiang Zhi Zhou replied, "On my return from S City, they heard about my girlfriend. My aunt just called and asked about it, and I admitted it."

  "Right... but does admitting it mean meeting the parents parents right away?" Xia Wei took a deep breath. She needed to calm down.

  Jiang Zhi Zhou said: "I just wanted to discuss it with you for now, but you'd have to meet them sooner or later anyway."

  "..." Xia Wei swallowed. "I understand. Let me think about it."

  "Okay."

  After walking the dog, Xia Wei ran to her girlfriends for help. "It's all over! Mr. Jiang's family knows about us and they want to meet me!"

  Eight Treasures Congee Female Hero: ... see you around then.

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: I'm scared!

  Eight Treasures Congee Female Hero: You're brave enough to proclaim that you're eighteen, how can you be scared of a mere parent?

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: ...

  Not Losing 5kg Not Changing Name: Don't worry, meeting the parents is just a formality. But if Mr. Jiang is taking you back to see his parents, are you ready to get married?

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: ... It's still early. Ah, you don't understand! I've seen two of Jiang Zhi Zhou's blind dates before. They're all gorgeous and of good family, especially Miss Sun, the daughter of the Prime Minister's Office!! She's a master of the qin, chess, and calligraphy!

  Not Losing 5kg Not Changing Name: Didn't you learn calligraphy too?

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: ...Not enough to speak up in front of her.

  Not Losing 5kg Not Changing Name: Don't be afraid, at least you can do manicures.

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: ... Are you serious?

  Eight Treasures Congee Female Hero: So should I expect them to dump you?

  Asking For Suicide At Eighteen This Year: The point is, if you take a look at Mr. Jiang's blind dates you can figure out how very high his family's requirements are.