7: Something I Need

JENNIE

"Kailangan ba talaga ako yung isama mo? Hindi ba pwedeng si Jisoo o kaya si Rosé?" naiilang niyang sabi sa akin.

"Can you please shut up? Do you think I want this? Kanina ka pa. Can you just please cooperate?" I irritatedly answered while fixing the bust line of my evening gown. "Fix yourself malapit na tayo."

I want to make sure that we'll look presentable in this party kahit na private 'to and walang reporters na involved I don't want to messed this up.

When we arrived tinulungan niya akong lumabas from our limo by offering her hand na tinanggap ko na naman. I scanned the place for a short time then we proceed our way to the hotel lobby. Someone escorted us to the function room where the event is held. Two ladies in black dresses were outside of the huge wooden door, guests are approaching them before they enter the room.

"Ms. Jennie Elizabeth Sevilla." I confidently said to the lady on the left, she immediately check the name on the list and nodded when she saw it.

"You may now enter ma'am. Enjoy." she said smiling with a hint of seduction but her attention is not on me but for the woman beside me. I look at Lalisa who just rubbed her hands at the back of her neck and gave the lady a shy smile. Seriously, is this attendant wants to flirt with my pretend-to-be date? I rolled my eyes and enter the room and Lalisa just followed.

When we got inside Lalisa scanned the room and I can feel her tension rising. I don't know what made her so tense. She's not usually like this. Out of the blue, I intertwined my hands to hers, not to drag but to calm her down. I can feel that she looked down to our hands but I didn't pay attention, instead I look around searching for the reason why we were here needing to pretend in the first place. I talked to her still not looking at her in a very low voice but enough for her to hear.

"I don't know why you're so tense but please relax. Just go with the flow and let things go smoothly by cooperating then this night will soon be over." I looked at her now deep straight into her eyes. She didn't say anything but I can read her through her eyes asking me if I'm sure about this. I held her hand tightly. "Trust me. Hindi kita papabayaan. Okay?" I sincerely said and she just nodded.

I look away then we walk to the direction of the arab national that I've been looking for.

"Just don't do anything stupid and don't go anywhere away from me." I added.

***

Hindi ako lumapit agad sa future investor ko instead umupo kami ni Lalisa to our designated table that I worked all my connection just to be seated near him. I already studied his and his family's background kaya wala akong balak makipagsabayan sa mga businessmen na naguunahan para kausapin siya. Just like now the arab national is surrounded by five money hungry men oozing with greed and power. Too bad the prince doesn't like that. Sorry for your lack of information losers.

Prince Amoudi bin Al Kabeer values three things in life. Family, commitment and wealth of course to sustain the number one priority. He needs people who share the same values like him, gusto niya ng partnership na pang matagalan, so he seek for people who wear commitment on their sleeves. Someone he can entrust his family's future with at hindi tulad ng limang nakapaligid sa kanya na sariling mga future lang ang laman ng mga utak and there's no other way to show it but to be literally be commited. That's why I brought Lalisa with me.

She will be my ladybug who will bring me good furtune and luck.

Tonight will be like any of my past transactions, I don't need to show up, we just have to look as legit as possible. The plan is simple, I'll continue to be in plain sight, magkunwaring ine-enjoy lang ang gabi with my lovely date at pagmukhaing hindi ko balak makakuha ng investment from him, and if that works I'm sure the prey will come to his predator willingly. Reverse psychology is always the best mind game. Thankfully I'm so good at it.