10: Beginning Of Something

LALISA

Casa de Isla had been a starting place for so many things. Including whatever we felt now for each other. Hindi ko maconfirm yung sa kanya but I know she felt something had changed too. We're getting comfortable with each other faster than I thought. Well pwera sa nasty part since ilag pa rin siya kahapon when I tried to tease her.

The dinner with the royalties went well. As expected they talk about business related stuffs. Wala naman akong interest sa mga ganun but I'm not completely dumb about it. Naiintindihan ko kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nila. I've studied about it. Hindi ko naman kailangan pang ipaalam yun sa kanila since Jennie got everything under control. Though may mga basic stuffs pa rin na hindi na ata napagtuunan ng pansin ni Jennie.

FLASHBACK

"So I was curious, how the two of you met?" tanong ni Fatima sa amin. Masyado siyang curious sa pretend to be lovestory namin, dinaig pa ang parents na nag-iinterogate ng manliligaw ng anak nila.

But fuck it. Love story? That's the loop hole of this thing.

Wala kaming ganun.

Napatingin ako kay Jennie as if nag-uusap kami sa tingin kung sino ba ang unang magsasalita at ano ang sasabihin. Dapat bang sabihin namin ang totoo na nagising nalang siya isang araw that I was magically sleeping with her as if God decided to give Jennie her own Eve and live happily ever after?

"Sorry, I just had a short trip down memory lane." pagbawi ni Jennie, nag-ayos siya ng upo at pinunasan ang labi niya kahit wala namang dumi just to buy her time to think.

"I saw her on an event, but I didn't get love at first sight with her." she paused as if reminiscing while the prince and his wife attentively listening to her made-up tale.

I felt her hand claimed mine and look at me tenderly. God I can feel my heart starting to beat abnormally just by her touching me.

"Then I met her again for the second time and there, while she's standing among the crowd I fell with her smile. It seems that she can light up the whole room just by doing that."

"Haha! Never did she knew I was already having a crush on her since the first day I laid my eyes on her." I smiled at the couple and I sensed that Jennie tighten her hold, asking me why am I intervening.

"I saw you first babe. You thought that event was our first encounter?"

"Oh my God, so you mean you already knew Jennie before she noticed you?"

"Yes, I mean. Look at her, she's so beautiful. No one will not turn their heads on her. Too bad I won her heart." I pecked her knuckles and stroke it, letting the emotion soothes on her skin.

Natulala lang bigla si Jennie or baka nag-iisip siya ng posibleng isasagot. Mahirap siyang basahin but I saw curiosity building up in her eyes. She's smart. I know na binebase niya sa kung ilang beses kami nagkita ang ikinwento niya sa mag-asawa. I just did the same.

I already saw her somewhere, pero hindi ko pa siya kilala noon kaya wala akong idea kung sino siya at kung anong personal background niya.

"I didn't know that babe, you're really full of surprises." nginitian niya ako showing her gummy smile at nagtuloy sa pagkain. Luckily hindi naman na nagbranch out yung mga tanong ng mag-asawa.

END OF FLASHBACK

"It smells good." Ngumiti lang ako habang pinapanood kong ikinukumpas-kumpas ni Fatima ang mga kamay niya na parang nilalanghap ang amoy ng nakasalang na karne ng baboy, para siyang nasa commercial or cooking show at kami ang magka-tandem.