11: That Sax

JENNIE

We're about to start the bonfire and the royalties are already at the spot waiting for Jisoo and I. Nagpresinta kami na kami nalang ang kukuha ng nga iinumin from the resorts bar while Lalisa and Rosé will be in charge in the grill. I was holding a few bottles of beer while walking our way outside when Jisoo tapped me by her elbow so I look at her.

"So what's the score between you and the new girl."

"Nothing. We're friends, I guess."

"I don't believe you, I can see how you look at her. Hindi 'yon tingin ng friends lang." She smiles as if she's expecting me to confess something.

There are times that I hate how my friends especially Jisoo knows me. She was the most observant but keep it low key. Thinking about what she just mentioned now and my indescribable feelings towards Lalisa, I'm starting to doubt myself. Suddenly I felt a tinge of panic rush inside me but died down immediately.

What if I really consider Lalisa as more than my friend?

Does she feel the same way?

What if she was just really into this role play to help me?

"C'mon you know the exact reason why we're doing this Chu. It's just for the investors nothing else." I responded turning my attention to where we're heading.

"Okay. We'll see about that. I just don't want to see a crying Jennie when this role playing games you put on ends." She decided to drop the topic so we just continue walking.

Do I want this to end?

Am I falling for Lalisa?

It can't be right?

I just met her. No one falls in love in an instant.

LALISA

Sinimulan agad namin ang mini party namin pagdating nila Jennie dala dala ang mga inumin na pinili nila at kami naman ni Rosé ang in charge sa mga dapat ihawin. We could ask the staffs to do it but the girls insisted that we should do it to give the royalties a complete firsthand experience.

I'm sitting beside Jennie across Rosé and Jisoo, it's like the royalties are in the middle of us in this small circle around the bonfire. I'm just looking around when my sight zeroed on Rosé. Naalala ko kanina habang kami lang ang nandito napansin ko hindi sya kasing inquisitive ni Jisoo, well nung first time ko silang mameet sa bahay they're fun to be with but compared to Jisoo, Rosé is more mild. Her innocent face reflects to her personality I think. Soft and serene. Though I can't deny na she really is an eating machine kasi habang nagiihaw kami kanina yung iba dun kinakain nya na which made us both laugh kasi napansin niya rin na napapansin ko yung pasimpleng pagkuha nya ng stick ng barbercue.

I want them to be my friend.

Natawa ako sa thought na 'yon. That's impossible because I'm out of their league.

"You okay?" I felt Jennie's hand gently squeezed my hand near her and follow where I'm looking. Biglang nag-iba expression ng mukha nya but recover after she took a sip on her beer.

"Yeah, of course." I tap her hand above mine and stroke my thumb comfortingly.

After a few hours mukhang tinatamaan na ang lahat, even I hindi nakaligtas sa tama ng kung ano mang alak ang dinala nila Jennie kanina kasi as far as I know yun lang naman ang iniinom namin. I can still handle being tipsy pa rin kaya I'm widely aware sa lahat ng nangyayari. Jisoo is literally hyping us all with her jokes and antics kaya tawa lang kami ng tawa pakiramdam ko nakuha nya rin ang humor ng mag-asawa kasi hindi rin sila naging kill joy sa mga pakulo ni Jisoo.