8: A Day Of Firsts

JENNIE

I almost finish the book that I'm reading when a breeze of air stroked me that made the pages turn. Getting bored, I close the book and put it down on the side table. It's mid-day on a Sunday and I have nothing to do. Mom texted me kung bibisitahin ko ba sila today since matagal tagal na kaming hindi nagkikita kahit sa company, I miss them especially dad kahit pwede ko naman siya bisitahin sa hospital hindi ko na rin nagagawa since madaming trabaho and inaasikaso ko rin ang short vacation namin with the prince and his wife. I wanted it to be iron perfect especially dun ko sila dadalhin sa resort that we co-owned. Now I have a better way to spend this day, pumunta ako sa walk-in closet ko para magbihis. Gagawin kong productive ang araw na 'to.

"Change. We'll eat outside." Lalisa is brushing her smooth hair when I popped by her door.

Nanliit ang mga mata ni Lalisa while looking directly to my eyes. "Are you asking me on a date Jennie Elizabeth Sevilla?" the knowledge that I need her to keep the arabians under my control seems gave her the audacity to tease me more. I rolled my eyes on her before reaching for the knob.

"Whatever you say, basta magbihis ka." then I carefully slammed the door close para magbihis na siya. I made my way downstairs para sa living room na siya hintayin. Hindi naman siya matagal magprepare unlike me and I wonder how does she do that.

Today is the day I plan to strengthen the lies. I'll bring Lalisa to my favorite restaurant for lunch. Only to orchestrate supporting evidences of our so-called relationship. Syempre anong klaseng mag fiancé ba ang wala man lang pictures, or napuntahan together diba? So I booked a private room for us, there we can do whatever we want without getting the attention of the media and create a buzz in the business world about my tricks that I'm designing to turn our deal to my own advantage. Besides, I want to know Lalisa more and I'll do the say for her in return so incase na magtanong yung mga arabians about our personal life hindi masyadong magkakaiba yung sagot namin. Less pretending, less chance to get caught. Small truths can support the bigger lie.

When Lalisa step down, I got mermerized with her. I drink her beauty from head to toe, she gave justice and sparkles to a simple sunny dress that I bought for her days ago. It's not argumentative since she can look otherworldly even with her usual over-sized shirts and short shorts.

Did you just praised her beauty Jennie?

There's nothing wrong with it, I appreciate women beauty whenever I see one.

"So since you're ready can we go now?" she replied with a slight nod.

***

I'm half way thru eating but unlike what I've planned no one took courage to start even a single conversation between the two of us. I just didn't know what to asked her because I might hit a sensitive topic and make her snap just like what a simple ID did. Okay, I think I should just drop the getting-to-know each other plan and just proceed to the bonding part.

Lalisa let me pick her meal but as I can see that she doesn't have the enthusiasm to finish it. Ayaw niya ba dito? This is the finest restaurant I know that serves my favorite french cuisines, not to mention that this is also the most expensive among the rest. Damn this girl, why does she likes to make me feel uncomfortable each time I'm with her ever since that night we attended Prince Amoudi's welcome party. Lowering my eyes to my plate, walang mangyayari sa amin kung parehas lang kaming passive so I put down the silver cutleries and took a few sip of my wine before I speak.

"Don't you like it? Oorder ako ng iba." Napatingin siya sa akin with hesitation in her eyes.

"No, it's actually good pero..."