#chap25 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

30th April was a Sunday. The Vermas decided to reach Mumbai on Saturday night itself so as not to rush about anything at the last minute. It was way too late by the time they reached Parmar house and Shruti had to request Atharva not to come so late. He didn’t like it, and was a bit pissed off.

Shruti sent one of the most beautiful message to her affianced, which brought an affectionate smile on his face and his disappointment vanished into thin air. It read….

To be continued….

‘It’s exciting to think that some of the best moments of our lives haven’t happened yet…. Waiting desperately for tomorrow… it’s our special day… to be cherished forever.’

It was an amazing night with shimmering stars in the dark blue sky; the two beautiful souls gazed at the sky and impatiently waited for the dawn. Both bid each other sweet dreams, insisting each other to get some sleep, to be fresh and glowing on the next day. Each shut the eyes, promising to dream of the wonderful day that would seal their fate for a lifetime.

******30th April, 2006******

The dark night gave way to the golden rays of the dawn. The sun had risen from behind the horizon, chasing away all the negativity and uncertainty from the lives of Atharva and Shruti.

Everyone was up and about. A lot of hustle and bustle was going around in the Shah house as the ceremony was to be held at their residence at 6 p.m. Atharva had a natural glow on his face, reflecting the happiness and contentment of having his dream fulfilled. He couldn’t contain his excitement, and for a change, was even feeling nervous. He fervently prayed in his home temple to bless both of them for their future. He felt as if the clock was crawling as he waited impatiently for the evening.

Three days back, Minish had to literally drag him from the office as he was yet to buy the outfit for the ceremony. They had a super busy schedule owing to the new launch, but it was high time that he got his outfit. As such, Shruti had also repeatedly pestered him to get done with it.

They went to a high end shop in their locality where Atharva tried a couple of outfits. He was confused between two, when Minish advised, “Go for this Atharva. This will suit you better.”
He trusted his brother’s choice and was actually relieved to get over with it.

The decorators had come in to enliven the house with flowers. Atharva had been insistent about using his favourite marigold, rose and mogra for the decorations, varying with the others opinion to use exotic floral decoration.

“This would give an Indian festive look... trust me,” he had proclaimed. Lil Isha was also happy seeing so many people running here and there. Although the dinner was going to be held at Rajdhani restaurant, light snacks and drinks would be served to the guests.

Preksha and Alpaji were hovering in the kitchen, supervising the preparations. Around 50 guests were expected as both the sides had huge families.

The Vermas were relatively at ease as the function was to be held at Shah's place. Shruti was meticulously going through her attire. By afternoon, Nainaa had also dropped in, surprising all.

She gleefully said, “My father in law asked me to come early so that I can be of help. Abhinav will join us directly for the function since he will be accompanying them.”

There was a lot of light hearted banter and teasing going on.
Mrs Parmar and Jyotiji firmly said, “We need to finish our lunch now… or else Shruti will get late for her parlour visit. Nainaa, you accompany her and get your hair set or whatever you want.” Both the girls nodded.