#chap33 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

While playing in the room, Isha came and sat on Shruti’s lap and indicated that she was sleepy. Shruti was aware by now, that she had the habit of listening to songs sung by either of her parents while being put to sleep and readily sang for her. It was such a beautiful feeling… she couldn’t put it into words. The little baby went into deep slumber while still in her arms, leaving her chachi with no option but to cradle her. She was in her own world, when….

To be continued….

She was in her own world, when her mobile rang. She quickly silenced the ringer and didn’t receive the call, so as not to wake up Isha. After sometime, when she was sure that Isha won’t wake up, she carefully made her lie down on the bed, put a light comforter on her, and went out to make the call.

Atharva picked up in one ring and asked, “Where were you?”
She grinned at his desperation, “Isha slept in my arms while we were playing in the room. That is why couldn’t receive your call.”
Atharva responded, “Oh.. okay.”
He haltingly continued, “Shruti…. Are you alright?”
She queried, “Ya.. why are you asking me?” He mentioned about the incident with bua and apologised saying, “Don’t mind whatever she said. Every family has a nosy relative, and she belongs to that category.” She was appalled at his choice of words and corrected him, “Atharva!!! It’s okay… you don’t have to use that kind of a language… please learn to keep a latch on that tongue of yours.”

It was Atharva’s turn to be astounded. There were very few who could speak against him or point out his mistakes. So it was a shock for him, although, for a change he accepted that he did lose his control more often than he liked.

He cleared his throat and conceded unwillingly, “Ya ya.. I know.. it’s just that I tend to speak my mind.”
She murmured, “Hmmm..”
He questioned, “Did you have lunch?”
She nodded, “Yes.. long time back… alongwith Isha in fact… was watching her school’s nursery rhyme video.”
He could hear that smile in her voice, “You both have bonded really well in a short time. I am surprised that she slept in your arms. Mere paas toh kabhi nahi soyi.”
She teased him, “Of course… she knows how melodious your voice is… kaise neend aayegi? She doesn’t want to get nightmares.”
He retorted, “Oye! Zyada ho raha hai ab..” Shruti bit her tongue, realising she had overstepped and said immediately, “Sorry Sorry.. was just pulling your leg.”

Atharva mentioned, “listen… you gonna wear Indian outfit na since we have to meet dadi?”
She replied, “Yes… why?”
He said dreamily, “Do remember to put bindi.”
She blurted, “Arey why are you so obsessed with bindi? Gud dhana ke time pe bhi bindi ke peeche pade thhe.”
He said, “Ya.. it suited you so well. Mera dil atak gaya tha teri bindi me.”
Her eyes widened with surprise, “Atharva! I didn’t know you can talk lovey dovey stuff.. shakal dekhke lagtaa nahi.”
He replied sheepishly, “Even I didn’t know. But sachhi… I loved your bindi on that day… do remember to put one tonight.”
She couldn’t do more than murmur.

She tried to deviate from the topic, “Can we talk about something else?”
He but his lip and said naughtily, “Yes sure! Missed kissing you yesterday night.”
Her face flushed with colour, as she too had missed him. He knew she wouldn’t answer, and continued, “Can’t afford to miss tonight… you are leaving tomorrow na.”
Shruti’s mood instantly changed from cheerful to feeling desolate.

Atharva questioned, “Hello… you there?” Shruti tried to act normal and responded, “Ya.. Chalo cya..  I think bhabhi needs me.” He said reluctantly, “Cya… bye.”
She reminded him, “Please come on time.” He nodded, “Yes… I will try.”
Atharva got back to his work, not wanting to be late and Shruti went in search of Preksha to let her know that Isha had slept.