#chap54 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Atharva got up and got a plate and started feeding her. She looked at him in disbelief, unable to believe that he was actually feeding her in front of all. She said in an incredulous tone, “What’s happening today?! One surprise after another. And why are you not eating?”
He replied, “It’s okay. I’ll have once you are done.”
One of her cousins couldn’t resist pulling her leg and said, “You are lucky Shru. Vikram has never fed me you know.”
Shruti looked lovingly at Atharva and said, “Yeah.. I am lucky.”

The ceremony went off very well and it was almost midnight before the merriment came to an end. 

To be continued…..

The next day was the sangeet. It had been a headache trying to convince Atharva to perform but he refused to budge. None of the requests, threats, blackmailing worked. Shruti herself was not into Bollywood dancing but still, a wedding would sound incomplete without this function. Being gujjus, it was unpardonable, hence they all had to do with a sangeet without dance performances. However, there was going to be dandiya and garba and Shruti was going to make the most of it.

The day after mehendi, they all moved towards Parmar’s residence, since it was more convenient to reach the wedding venues. Since morning, Shruti kept gazing repeatedly at her hands loving the deep colour of her mehendi. She blushed when she remembered how Atharva had tried to hunt for his name during the function but Shruti didn’t allow him. She had gleefully challenged him, “Kitne ki bet lagi? You won’t be able to find it.”
He had bit his lip and had whispered hoarsely, audible only for her ears, “Jaanu… you won’t be able to hide ANYTHING, that much I can assure you. No more running away.”
The mere thought of their conversation made her toes curl and she had gone deep crimson.

By the time they reached, it was lunch time. Abhinav had also joined them for lunch. He and Rohan chatted while the ladies didn’t have the liberty to do so, as they were supposed to reach the venue by 6. Her evening attire was a beautiful mix of colours, with multiple borders of embroidery, making it every bit elegant and bridal. She was having last minute jitters as to whether she would be able to carry the outfit or not, but Nainaa and her mom assured her. Within no time, they started getting ready. Shruti had insisted to go for a simple look for sangeet as wedding and reception were bound to be a bit elaborate.

The hustle and bustle at the Shah residence was also no less. Atharva looked dapper in an elegant rust colored sherwani. Both the families had left no stone unturned to make this wedding a grand affair.

The Shahs had already reached when the Vermas arrived. The impatient bridegroom was hanging near the entry to the banquet, waiting for his bride. Nainaa teased, “He is an extremely impatient guy Shru.” She could only murmur as her gaze was transfixed on the very person. He was on a call and turned in time to see her. As they got down, they couldn’t avert their gaze, in spite of a throng of people surrounding them. Nainaa teased again, “Atharva… why are you waiting outside?”
He fumbled, “N.. no, actually.. the network wasn’t that good inside and I needed to make a call. So…”

Before anybody could pull his leg further, the elders of both the families gathered. Shruti and Atharva took blessings and were seated together. Within no time, all their relatives started pouring in and the celebration began in the one way that every Gujarati function does, with garba. Shruti was itching to go but was hesitant since Atharva refused to join. He insisted, “Shru, please don’t hold back yourself coz of me. I would love to watch you.” However, the cousins somehow managed to pull both. Atharva obliged by dancing for sometime, but he was clearly uncomfortable and backed out. Shruti immediately noticed and gave him a pleading look, but he shook his head. She didn’t insist knowing that it was not his forte. Standing there, he was quite pleased to hear a couple of relatives remark how well Shruti could do garba.