#chap38 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Atharva woke up in the morning to realise his folly, though not able to recollect completely. He came out to see Minish sitting on the sofa and approached him. As soon as he did, Minish gave him a mischievous smile and said, “Atharva… did you talk to bhabhi?” He shook his head, “No ya… just woke up.” Minish couldn’t help himself and said, “All the best… get ready for your first argument as far as I know.” He then jogged his brother’s memory of what exactly happened last night, and again chuckled. Atharva also smirked, and said, “Chalo.. let me tackle this.”

To be continued….

Atharva picked up his mobile to check for messages, but there were none. That was a first, as so far, there hadn’t been a single day when Shruti hadn’t sent a good morning message first thing in the morning. He felt frustrated, knowing very well that she must have felt humiliated to be told by Minish that he had dozed off.

He sent her a message, “Good morning Jaanu,” and waited for a reply. Shruti had been waiting since an hour, resisting to send him a message. Although she very well understood that he must have been really tired, but still she didn’t want to give in easily; her pride didn’t allow her. He was typing a message but then lost his patience and called up instead. She still refused to pick up, fuming, ‘Let him know how it feels,’ and went away to have her shower.

Meanwhile, he assumed that she is reading the messages but not responding and so kept trying his luck. He sent a couple of sorry messages and then played his trump card, ‘That’s bad… I was thinking about coming to your place today to meet u… jaane de… Kya kar sakte hai.’ Shruti was getting ready when she heard the beep tones. She was surprised to see 9 messages in the inbox… when one more came.

Her eyes widened, and she forgot about everything, straightaway called him up and without any prelude said, “Are you seriously coming today?!” She unknowingly shrieked with excitement which made Atharva realise that he will have to pay for this bluff. “ Hello… do I know you?” She bit her lip realising he was indicating towards her lack of response before, but quickly regained her composure and snapped, “Look who is talking… you should thank your stars that you have such an understanding partner… aur koi hoti na.. toh you would have realised… who does that? I mean, seriously! Here I was, talking about something so important to me… and you slept! Too much…”

Before he could respond, she remembered, “Arey wait! You mentioned about coming today…” He knew he had goofed up and said, “Sorry again… you weren’t responding… so I didn’t have any other option.” Shruti became quiet; she had been overjoyed to know that he was coming, and now felt really low that he did so just to make her respond. Atharva felt guilty and tried to amend. “Jaanu.. please understand… I am really tied up otherwise I….” He stopped in mid sentence as he thought of a brilliant idea. “Hey! You were talking about meeting a new guy who was exceptionally good with his embroidery right?” She couldn’t understand where the conversation was going and answered feebly, “Yes.” He continued excitedly, “So you want to get stuff done from him and will definitely need fabrics.” She patiently explained, “That is what I had been telling you last night Atharva… that I am not only thinking to get my trousseau done, but also for mumma… if it works out the way I see, it would be brilliant enough to be worn for our main functions.” He interrupted, “Ya… so you will need to get fabrics na… I know you wouldn’t settle for anything less for such an important sari. You do one thing, try to work out whatever you have to during the week and come over to Mumbai for the weekend.”

Shruti marvelled at his thinking and blurted, “Why didn’t I think of this before? I guess I was too caught up with the designing and other aspects to think about it.” Atharva boasted, “You have a smart husband madam… be thankful for it.” Shruti smirked, “I would rather say Sleeping Beauty… or whatever is the male version.”