First Night Anticipation

Prince Ben sat in his room. He was going through the day's events in his mind. He thought about how Audrey was clinging to his arm for dear life. He knew in his heart that he didn't love Audrey nor did she really love him. She loved the idea of becoming Queen of Auradon. She was brilliant and definitely diplomatic, he would give her that. However, he just couldn't stand holding up the charade for their parents.
Then he thought about the Villain Kids. How he was glad that he can prove to everyone that they deserve this chance. He wanted to do something that mattered. He thought about Mal and how she would be a tough one to reform. Evie reminded him a bit like Audrey which gave him shivers. Jay seemed like a really cool guy. Maybe even a great friend. Then, then there was Carlos. Those big round eyes of his. His short stature. His lips wrapped around his thumb as he licked chocolate off of it. He was reminded of the taste of it.
He snapped himself out of his thoughts. He had to keep a clear head. He had a mission with these four and he can't let distractions break him of it.
     Ben plopped himself onto the bed with some files. Even though the first four Villain Kids were picked out for this trial run, Ben hoped to bring more from the Isle of the Lost over.
     Anthony Tremaine was one of the files. Son of Anastasia Tremaine and Step-Nephew to Cinderella. His dashing good and mixture of Victorian and Modern style reminded Ben of Evie's. However his marks in Dragon Hall showed he might be a more difficult challenge to begin this program with.
     Jay had a cousin named Jade who was the daughter of the Horned King and Nasira, Jafar's sister, who sought out revenge after Jafar's fall. Her file sat on Ben's bed but he decided to pick Jay instead.
     Another candidate for the program was Freddie Facilier. The oldest daughter to Dr. Facilier. She actually almost beat out Mal for one of the spots. Her file showed how very charismatic she was.
     The last file on Ben's bed was Diego DeVil. He was the son of Cecil DeVil and Carlos' cousin. He knew that out the two DeVil Boys Carlos was more desired for the program than Diego.
Meanwhile, Mal kept Evie awake with strategizing plans to steal the wand. They heard that the Fairy Godmother's wand was kept in the Museum of Cultural History. "So, I'm thinking you flirt with the guard to keep him distracted. Then we go find the wand. Jay then can do his whatever and get it. Then I think I might need yours and Jay's help with firing it to break the barrier.", Mal explained.

"Ew, can't we just put the guard to sleep? I bet he is ancient. Also, why do you need Jay's and my help? Your magick is stronger than ours.", Evie asked.

"I can put the guard to sleep but if it doesn't work, you need to put on your Siren Charms. Also, you guys might not be as strong but your magick can help support mine so we definitely get it right. With me being so new at this, it can backfire quickly.", Mal explained. Evie just nodded before retiring to bed.

Carlos and Jay were laying in their beds. Neither saying a word but neither falling asleep. "Jay...", Carlos whispered loudly.

"Yes?", Jay asked.

"What do you think tomorrow is going to be like?", the smaller boy replied.

"Well, I know I'm on the hunt for some babes. I think you should be too. That way when we rule this joint, we'll have them at our side.", Jay said excitedly.

"Maybe...", Carlos whispered slightly.

"I mean, at least if no girl goes for you. You could always nab Princey Boy who is all about you...", Jay laughed.

Carlos was a little disappointed by the answer. Honestly, he wanted to see Ben again but didn't want to let Jay be aware of that. He rolled over to hug his pillow. He just hoped Evie was keeping her mouth shut.
The next day held excitement for all the teens as they drifted off into slumber. Some had dreams that scared them. Some had the most peaceful sleep ever.