24

My feet slung over the edge of the pool. I splashed my feet around as I looked at the bottom of the pool floor in thought. What does this all mean? Should I live with my mother? Should I go back to my father and Shawn?

Should I go on my own?

It was a scary thought, going on my own. Im no where near spoiled, but I wouldn't know how to live. But I am very close to going on my own. It sounds best to me. I don't understand, why he would bring Shawn into our family mess? It really shocked me the most, because for someone that says they care, really didn't prove it tonight. Were the guys in on it too? Matthew seemed a little clingy after seeing my mom in the store, would if they were also in on it? I sighed and shook my head from my thoughts. I did want to leave, never come back. Get a ride, meet a friend, and get a job. Then I can get a suitable home and-

"Mac?"

I turn my head around. My eyes were all puffy and red with stained cheeks. Shawn stood there holding, ice to his face? I stood up and walked towards him. I slowly pulled the bag off of his face relieving a slightly bruised eye with a cut, also noticing another cut on his bottom lip. My mouth hung a little open letting my teeth show. he looked at me with sorry eyes, or as if he was going to cry. he whispered faintly, "Im so sorry." I sat him down on the bench, and examined his eye. "Who did this to you?" He ignored my question, just looked into my eyes. He bit his lip, which cause more blood flow from his cut. "Shawn!" I spoke a little louder.

"Did you really mean it? What you said. You probably would rather be with Nash than me, I understand I-"

"Why would you think that?" he sighed. "Is that who did this to you?!" he nodded looking down. "Shawn, I say a lot of stupid things. But I don't want to be with Nash, he's just a good friend. Why did he do this to you?" He stood up from the bench. "Because Makayla, your a pain in my ass, but I like you, a lot. When you said that earlier, you took a piece of my heart away, no, not a piece, the whole thing. When you left, Nash said you would rather be with him. He said that he got laid. By you, and I knew that wasn't true, I just knew it. So, I punched him and he punched back. He was going to try and get you in bed with him. Thats all he wanted."

I was shocked at what he said. He took a breath and sat back down. "I never wanted to hurt you. You father made me. I would never try to hurt you like that. You mean too much to me to do that. If you don't want to forgive me yet, thats okay because i wouldn't if I was you either, I just thought that I should apologize and Im sorry for always being a dick to you and treating you wrong and I promise I wont do it again and-"

"Shawn."

He stopped and looked up at me, waiting for me to continue. "Shut up."

He playfully glared at me and grabbed my hand. "Tell me what I should do to make you happy." I looked down at our hands. I noticed how perfectly they laced together, and intertwined. although his hands are far bigger than mine, it looked perfect. "Dance with me."

He looked at me in confusion, then smiled and nodded. He pulled me up and walked to the centre of the the pool pavilion. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and I rested my arms around his neck and my head on his chest. We swayed back and forth to imaginary music until his head came down to the crook of my neck and he began to hum in my ear. It wasn't a specific song, just random little hums that sounded perfect. I closed my eyes and smiled to the perfect moment.