33 Plan "B"

Part 33

Mishra's face went pale seeing his friend Suman Mathur at his house. Suman Mathur folded his hands over his chest, seeing his "Heart Patient" friend eating verity of non-vegetarian food. His face was like, "Heart patient eat these kind of food?" Mishra bowed down, couldn't face Suman Mathur's intensive gaze.

Suman(folding his hands): I don't know a heart patient eat heavy food like you do.

Mishra was silent. Suman glared at him.

Suman: Is everything looking funny?

Mishra(sighing): Not at all. (pause)It's just for a BET.

Suman (frowning): Bet?

Mishra: yes. I was depressed as you were not getting time to meet me. Aman knew that. Whenever I say, "you are not showing interest to meet me". Aman consoles, "I'm holding a special place in your heart. You will definitely come to meet me if needed". I just want to see that before I die yaar. Do you know, how happy I was when you came to meet me?

Suman: But why did you admit in the hospital?

Mishra: Aman asked me to do that. So, you will believe us.

Suman(smirking): But you loss the BET.

Mishra: I was happy to loss the bet.

He smiled.

So, as expected, Aman used this man without his knowledge. Well...

Suman: ok I'm leaving.

Mishra: Hey buddy, I'm really sorry yaar. I just...

Suman: I know, these all common in this age. Your sons are in abroad. Your daughter is busy in their career. so it's obvious to think that you have no one.

Mishra became emotional.

Mishra: I really owe to Aman, he visits me often you know.

Suman raised his brows in amazement.

Suman: Really?

Mishra(emotionally): yup. You got very good son.

Suman: Relax.

Mishra: Have lunch with me than only I relax.

Suman(chuckled): my pleasure.

The friends started having lunch chitchatting. But Suman's thoughts where not completely on the dinning. Many things were roaming in his mind about Aman. He is visiting his friend often which is surely appreciated. Though he used this man for his benefit he made this man happy. He had hit two mangos in one stone. He felt proud of his son. And he got confident that Aman won't be wrong.

Mathur Villa

Aman stopped seeing his father entering home, who was descending stairs. They have meeting in their party house.

Aman: Dad, we are supposed to be in our party office to attend a meeting.

Suman: I post ponded the meeting.

Aman: But why dad?

Suman: I went to meet Mishra today. (which made Aman nervous) when I went to his house, he was eating verity of non-veg food. (he paused and read Aman's face) Do you think, it's good for a "heart patient"?

Aman was silent, looking down.

Suman: Karan met me in the Assembly complex today morning and told everything that what you did for you friend.